Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app can't find newest update

FoXz
Aspirant

Nighthawk app can't find newest update

Hi.

This isn't for the community but because Netgear for some reason wants money to support what they are selling I'm putting it here anyway. The Nighthawk app is still considering the old firmware version 1.0.4.84 as the newest instead of version 1.0.4.94 that was released recently. I downloaded the app exclusively to update so the app is up to date.

Netgear, please fix.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk app can't find newest update

@FoXz wrote:

Hi.

This isn't for the community but because Netgear for some reason wants money to support what they are selling I'm putting it here anyway.

You don't have to pay for support. You get it here for nothing.

I hope you didn't call a number you find with a web search. The results you found won't be for Netgear.

@FoXz wrote:

The Nighthawk app is still considering the old firmware version 1.0.4.84 as the newest instead of version 1.0.4.94 that was released recently. I downloaded the app exclusively to update so the app is up to date.

The app is only one way – and not the best – to update firmware.

Serious users like to control how they update firmware and avoid any method that requires a wifi connection.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
FoXz
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk app can't find newest update

I never said I wasn't able to update, The fact is that I can't get a hold on Netgears support to fix this issue, I'm pretty sure the community aren't able to fix the app, or do you have access to it?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7