Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app connects to access point and not router!

eli104
Follower

Nighthawk app connects to access point and not router!

I have a Nighthawk R7000 that I will sometimes manage locally, and also remotely if needed. 

I just added a WAC124 access point to my network... and now, the Nighthawk App connects to that device if I am physically closer to it (in the house), which means I must the switch to "Remote" mode to manage the router.

I assume this is because the app looks for "routerlogin.net" as a default DNS search, and there is no way to change that for "locally" connections.

The most frustrating part is that the WAV124 can be used as a router, and I assume that this is where the Nighthawk app comes in handy.  But when in AP mode, the Nighthawk app still connects to it, but says that the app does NOT work with the device (WAC124 in AP mode).

So.... any way to:

a) Allow me to choose to which device I want the app to connect locally? Or

b) Remove the "routerlogin.net" DNS from the WAC124, so the app does not keep connecting to something it cannot ,anage anyway!

thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk app connects to access point and not router!

Hi @eli104, welcome to the community. This may be an issue with interoperability since the WAC124 is a business unit and uses the NETGEAR Insight app.

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app connects to access point and not router!

@DexterJB wrote:

This may be an issue with interoperability since the WAC124 is a business unit and uses the NETGEAR Insight app.

The only Insight support on the WAC124 is for the initial discovery and the product registration. "Uses the Netgear Insight App" is slightly overmarketing ... Can't locate it right now, but I'm 100% convinced that we had this issue reported in the community before.

The other way round, when connected to a Nightawk App supported device (e.g. an R9000), Insight App does not refuse to work because it discovers the R9000 in the [W]LAN data path.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7