Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk app is back to its old tricks - Logon timed out, please try again!

calli
Guide

Nighthawk app is back to its old tricks - Logon timed out, please try again!

We can't every time a supplier messes up the firmware, throw the Router out and buy a new one!

Nighthawk app is back to its old tricks - Logon timed out, please try again!

Having said that, Netgear as a company, should take cognisance of the following:

Customer service is a vital element of any companies' business and affects how your company (Netgear) is viewed in the public eye.

Customer service backs up your product or service and needs to impart the correct product information. Your customers need to feel that they are valued, treated fairly, and appreciated by your business.

In business, it is important to get people in the door to keep them coming back by delivering excellent customer service.

Great service ensures that customers feel that you care about developing long-term relationships.

Delivering excellence benefits your business and your customers.

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app is back to its old tricks - Logon timed out, please try again!

1. what router do you have?

2. what firmware is on it? 

3. what nighthawk app version are you on? 

4. are you on ios or android? 

Message 2 of 10
calli
Guide

Re: New - R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.134 Released

1. Router Netgear R7000 

2. Firmware Version 1.0.11.134

3. Nighthawk version 2.17.0.2193

4. Android

Apart from the Nighthawk app issue, the router firmware is also playing up as I mentioned before with all settings being disjointed. 

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

did you try a factory reset? The r7000 has responded well to factory resets with firmware changes. 

Message 4 of 10
calli
Guide

Yes, I did. Actually, that was the first thing I did.

I must mention that I had to download the update as router did not pick up that there was an update available.

Support wanted me to do the update repeatedly before they would escalate the issue.

Then suddenly, they closed the support case.

Message 5 of 10
calli
Guide

YI

I just did another update, this time with the firmware link sent to me by Support.

Disappointed to announce, that I am still getting disjointed settings which never occurred previously with previous updates.

Pity, it used to work so well previously!

I logged out from the router settings page, but still get a message from Nighthawk that Logon timed out.

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

The R7000 is getting a bit aged, it was released in 2013 and is almost a decade old. If your reliant on the app, it might be worth investing in something from this decade. Or using the browser instead. I've never been the biggest fan of the app as it doesn't have all the settings/features I'd like to see

Message 7 of 10
calli
Guide

Thanks for the advice - appreciated. Sad that the local suppliers sold it to me a couple of years ago as a current model.

Re the app, you are right, browser is easier to use with all the settings - app used only in emergencies or for quick reference - thus not a train smash.

It would be nice though, until I invest in a new model, to get the settings page not to be disjointed.

Which router do you recommend?

(It would be a bonus if it had Readyshare though!

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

What router would I recommend. Thats a challenge. Because the forums is where we always see people reporting issues so it makes us a bit bitter at a lot of the routers. But if you read any router makers forum, you'll find issues with them all. (most are based on similar chipsets/hardware). 

What I'd recommend doing is figuring out what you need and going a step or 2 above that. 

What size is your home? 

What materials is it made from?

What speeds do you pay for? 

Do you think you'll be upgrading speeds at some point or getting fibre/etc?

Do you game? Streaming a lot of shows?

My recommendation would be based around those answers as some people a single router solution is fine. For others, I push for mesh systems. mesh might not be able to hit the same peak speeds but they provide much better speeds over a larger area. I've got both flagship routers and mesh systems and even though the flagship routers are faster, I still end up going back to mesh. 

Message 9 of 10
calli
Guide

Thanks

I will do some research.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7