Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app no auto log out

jmer
Aspirant

Nighthawk app no auto log out

I've been using the Nighthawk app on an iPhone 7 ios 14.4.2. No problems with logging into the router or using the app. However, I have to manually logoff through the app menu in order to logoff the router. Thus, if not done manually, others in my household only need to tap on the app to access the settings.

I assume I'm missing a setting to auto log off when the app is close, could someone please help me with this either through the app or through the app? Thanks in advance.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
Purpleshadow
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk app no auto log out

What do you mean by
Nighthawk app no auto log out?
Message 2 of 5
jmer
Aspirant

My appologies for not being clearer.  So, if I don't manually log out of the app using the menu logout item, anyone who has access to my phone can just tap the app icon and get into the router settings.  I need the app to log out of the router when the app is closed. 

Every time I turn off the "Reember Me" button it is rechecked as soon as the app is opened again, apparently this setting is not saving this settings.

Many apps force a log out/sign off from the account when closed,

Message 3 of 5
jmer
Aspirant

I think I figured out the problem.  It has to do with the "Remind Me" button and iPhone TouchID.  It appears that the TouchID is saving the "Remind Me" setting, thus if this is set by the TouchID and I scan my finger, the app stays logged in when closed.  If I cancel the initial TouchID login, turn off the "Remind Me" button and then login using either the username or TouchID then closing the app will log off automatically when closing the app.  I just can't figure how to reset the TouchID settings for the app. Any ideas where to turn off TouchID for login?

Message 4 of 5
KatyAnn
Aspirant

I was having the exact issues with the logout not showing up.  I have FaceID on my iphone XR and it was automatically logging me in.  I had to uncheck the Remember Me box to get the logout to show back up.  To turn off FaceID, I went to my phone settings and toggled it off for the Netgear app.  You probably have the same thing for TouchID where you can toggle off the app in your phone settings.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7