Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app not giving options to view & test internet speeds for R6120/AC1200

Dragon88
Aspirant

Nighthawk app not giving options to view & test internet speeds for R6120/AC1200

Good evening,

I have had my router for a couple of months & finally got to setting up & updated to ***.076. The reason I choose this router is I am a single person home with multiple devices but I only have 2 or 3 connected at a time. My ISP had provided a router with Dual Band capability but I've been suspecting I'm not getting the speeds I'm supposed to. To check it I have to log into their router & watch it requiring my Laptop be on for such a connection. I've been eyeballing the Nighthawk Pro series for a while, but couldn't justify the purchase with my household. Having seen the AC series routers labeled with Optimized with Nighthawk I began looking into the series for hopes of a solution. With the Nighthawk app promising Speed monitoring & testing from my phone I thought I had found my balance with the AC1200. I also thought I would be able to setup speed monitors or alerts for when it dropped below a certain threshold. But I have none of that functionality either in the app or logging into the router directly. Is this a removed feature or was this never available and not labeled as such for customer information?

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Dragon88
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk app not giving options to view & test internet speeds for R6120/AC1200

Actual information 

Phone:      Samsung S10+

One UI versio:    2.1

AOS:    10

G975USQS4DTG1

NightHawk App Version:      2.6.1.1217

Router:

Hardware VersionR6120
Firmware VersionV1.0.0.72
GUI Language Version

V1.0.0.56

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk app not giving options to view & test internet speeds for R6120/AC1200

Hi Dragon88, 

The Nighthawk app does not support a notification feature for slow speeds. For slow speed issues with the router, I would recommend posting your issue in the General WiFi Routers board linked below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Christian 

Message 3 of 4

Did you realise that the speed limit for the Ethernet connections on the R6120 is 100 Mbps?

According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7