Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app not showing on/off toggle for iPhone

Magman
Aspirant

Nighthawk app not showing on/off toggle for iPhone

All my connected devices on the 2.4 GHz band display an on/off toggle switch but the only device on the 5 GHz band (an iPhone) doesn't have an on/off switch. Is this normal, or is there something wrong?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app not showing on/off toggle for iPhone

That's the device you run the Nighthawk App on - you don't want to cut the branch you sit on, don't you?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

That's the device you run the Nighthawk App on - you don't want to cut the branch you sit on, don't you?

Message 2 of 5
Magman
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

Well said, schumaku. Thanks for keeping me from falling out of the tree. 

Message 3 of 5
Sadybaby
Aspirant

I have the same issue, and understand your answer.  However, I have the wifi symbol with an exclaimation point and a message stating "internet not available" on my phone.  Everything shows internet is reaching my Samsung Galaxy (3 phones) but they all have the symbol and no service.

The night hawk app  shows 3 green wifi levels while all other devices show full green.  Most other devices are not having any trouble.  Tv, security cameras, laptops, tablets, etc.  But we have an older netgear extender and things connected to it are having the same issue.  We disconnected it and the issue remained.  We have bypassed the router and ofcourse the laptops continued to have reception.  We have connected the cell phones to other wifi and have gotten good wifi. We have done factory reset on the router.  We have move the router, and the power sources for the router and the POE for the radio.  We have tried 2 other routers and gotten the same results however there is a fluctuation in the timing.  It may run perfect for 4 hours, 2 hoursor it may run perfect for 15 minutes then it will happen, you will lose internet on the cells. Then you must unplug every plug.  Re-boot.  Wait.  And Plug back in and if you are lucky it will work, if not you repeat 4 or 5 times and/or wait a couple of hours.  I have called the internet provider, the cellular provider, the electrician, and the router support people.  No one seems to be able to explain why my phones have no wifi but other devices do.   Can anyone help me?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Sadybaby wrote:

I have the same issue, and understand your answer. 

With all due respect: Sorry no, I don't think so. The OP posted about a lack of a UI control for one single device (in fact the one running the Nighthawk App).

Trying to put your text though the distillery, I read you have Netgear R9000 (router mode probably, serving WiFi), some undefined PoE wireless access point (assuming connected to a R9000 LAN port), and for a test an elderly Netgear extender (unclear if operating as wireless extender - to the R9000 - or LAN wired access point). Three Samsung Galaxy appear to loose Internet connectivity regardless which WiFi  (R9000, wireless AP, Netgear extender) is used randomly - and only thse three why ever. What the Nighthawk App does show (or read from the Android OS) on thee three Galaxy is mostly irrelevant to the connectivity loss issue.

If this is about appropriate, please post something informative as the above to the Nighthawk WiFi Router community section, try to add some more details like the R9000 firmware version, if some kind of Netgear Live Parental Control might be active, ISP and e.g. ISP ruter/modem should not cause this but add information for completeness. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7