Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app stopped working

CADAMS81
Follower

Nighthawk app stopped working

The internet stopped working so I reset the router (unplugged the power and plugged it back in).  Internet came back, but when I went to open my nighthawk app on my phone, it wouldn't open up like it usually does.  usually I can see a page where I can view devices connected to my network, test my speed etc etc....it just tried logging on by itself and then gave up and opened up a login required page.  username admin.  password is blank.  I don't know what it is.  I tried everything that it should/could be...tried password...tried the wifi password...tried the password that came on the label that was on the router...tried the passworkd for my netgear account with my email.  nothing works.  so i clicked forgot password.  i enter the serial number and then it asks me my security questions.  I enter the answers because I DO remember those...but it still doesn't work.  nothing works.  it won't recognize anything.  internet seems to work fine...it's just the app booted me off and wants me to log back in somehow and theres no way to log back in.  nothing works.  please help.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk app stopped working

@CADAMS81 wrote:

....then gave up and opened up a login required page.  username admin.  password is blank.  I don't know what it is.  I tried everything that it should/could be...tried password...tried the wifi password...tried the password that came on the label that was on the router...tried the passworkd for my netgear account with my email.  nothing works.  so i clicked forgot password.  i enter the serial number and then it asks me my security questions.  I enter the answers because I DO remember those...but it still doesn't work.  nothing works.  it won't recognize anything.  internet seems to work fine...it's just the app booted me off and wants me to log back in somehow and theres no way to log back in. 

There is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
Patel1
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk app stopped working

Mine too !! Overnight!! Is there a fix for this yet?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7