Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk app - unable to login into router

Boricua63
Tutor

Nighthawk app - unable to login into router

I'm unable to login to my R7000 router using the Nighthawk app on my iPhone 7.  I reinstalled the app, was able to login to my Netgear account but when it tries to login into my router, I get a "logon timed out, please try again.  If this issue persists, try rebooting your device."  I rebooted the router this morning.  I can login via my laptop fine.  I have the latest iOS on my phone (13.1.3).  Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Boricua63, welcome to the community! What is the firmware version of the R7000? Does the issue persist on another device (Android, another iOS)?

Dexter

Message 2 of 6
Boricua63
Tutor

R7000 firmware - 1.0.7.12_1.2.5

I installed the app on my iPad and got the same error message.

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Boricua63, thanks for responding. We recommend having the router firmware on the latest version (1.0.9.88) for updates and fixes. Also, if the issue persists after the update, a factory reset may help clear out some incompatibilities. Let us know how it goes.

Dexter

Message 4 of 6
Boricua63
Tutor

Thanks for your response.  I have a concern with updating the firmware not knowing if it will resolve the iOS app.  In the past, certain updates have forced me to reset my router settings where it decreased my bandwidth.  After a long period of time resetting my router back to factory settings it is now working correctly.  I hate to have to reset it again after updating it to the latest.  I was informed via this community to stay away from certain update versions.  Are there any known issues with this latest update that would affect bandwidth decreasing?  Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Boricua63, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7