Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app was working fine till I tried to update firmware for Netgear R6230 router

LisaAR
Aspirant

Nighthawk app was working fine till I tried to update firmware for Netgear R6230 router

Frustrated. My Nighthawk app was working, but my router was providing spotty internet. I thought trying to update the firmware might be the solution to better internet. As I followed the directions, I couldn't get to routerlogin.net to save my life. Tried to find solutions for that. Thought maybe accessing it via the app might work...but then--why, I surely don't know--the app could no longer connect to my router...a router I had yet to make any changes to. My router's current firmware is v1.1.0.64, and the latest update I see is v1.1.0.86. Any and all guidance is surely appreciated.

Model: R6230|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk app was working fine till I tried to update firmware for Netgear R6230 router

Hi @LisaAR, welcome to the community! You may find the links below helpful in updating the firmware of your router manually.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960

If you are having issues accessing the router UI, a factory reset may help out. The steps are linked below.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Let me know how that goes.

Dexter

Message 2 of 9
LisaAR
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk app was working fine till I tried to update firmware for Netgear R6230 router

I appreciate the help, Dexter, but as I said in my post, I cannot reach routerlogin.net. I see that it is an issue for others, too. I've tried multiple times, cleared my cache...I just don't get it. About ready to throw this router across the room and let my dog chew on it.

Message 3 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LisaAR, have you tried the factory reset? That usually does the trick in clearing everything.

Dexter

Message 4 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LisaAR, were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 5 of 9
LisaAR
Aspirant

Thanks for checking back in, Dexter. My app magjically decided to work again the next day, and I decided to buy a better router...My Nighthawk X6S just arrived today. I haven't installed it yet, so...fingers crossed!

Message 6 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LisaAR, thanks for providing an update! Keep me posted once you get the new unit and let us know how it goes.

Dexter

Message 7 of 9
LisaAR
Aspirant

Thanks. So far, so good!

Message 8 of 9
gemy
Initiate

Did an update on the R7000 AC1900 router and on the phone app and it automatically downloaded the Bitdefender app on my iphone 7 after that I could not remote manage my router. I finally thought it could be the Bitdefender causing the problem blocking my access and as soon as I turned it off in the settings on the phone app it started working again. It might be the same problem on your router model.

Hope that helps.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7