Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app will not recognize router password

TonyWinPhx
Follower

Nighthawk app will not recognize router password

Several days have been spent fruitlessly trying to get the new Nighthawk App to login with the correct username and password.  I have tried to clear cache, delete and add in the app on my iPhone7, I have rebooted the cable modem several times.  The computer is Windows 10 with all of the recent updates.  The router is at V1.0.2.62.  Updating the firmware via signing into the router has worked just fine for as long as the router has been with me, so I am a little perplexed as to why all of the router updates now have to be coordinated through the iPhone.  Sigh.  Progress.

If there is no way to make this work, is there a work around the Nighthawk App to get the security and other updates?  Obviously, it will not be as convenient as what we once had as users, but there has to be a way to get those updates!

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk app will not recognize router password

Hi @TonyWinPhx, welcome to the community! You can continue to update the firmware via the web UI (browser) if you wish to do so. The Nighthawk app is a complementary app to allow you to easily see and manage some settings of your device. In case you need it, the links below may help on the steps to update the router firmware.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24217

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960

Dexter

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk app will not recognize router password

@TonyWinPhx wrote:

I am a little perplexed as to why all of the router updates now have to be coordinated through the iPhone.  Sigh.  Progress.

As @DexterJB says, they don't.

What he probably won't say is that the desktop PC wired to the router is more reliable. If you grab the release notes for the latest version, it even advises this.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7