Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app

Felixd79
Aspirant

Nighthawk app

Hello friends!!

I'm trying to log in the Nighthawk app with my admin credentials but I can't get access. I deleted and reinstalled the app and continuing with the same problem. I lost connectivity with the router and I call my ISP and they told me that was my modem router. Possibly needs an update. What can I do? Some help please!!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app

try logging in via the browser and not via the app. 

go to 192.168.100.1

see if you can access it that way. 

If you don't know the login info and password recovery doesn't work, then you'd need to factory reset. push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on

Message 2 of 5

@Felixd79 wrote:

Possibly needs an update.

Not possible. Your C7000 is a cable modem/router. Updates are in the hands of your ISP.

What’s the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

If your firmware is outdated, you cannot manually upgrade your cable modem’s or modem router’s firmware. You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to upgrade your firmware.

Then there is this bit:

@Felixd79 wrote:

I'm trying to log in the Nighthawk app with my admin credentials but I can't get access.

What does " can't get access" mean? What are you using to get access? Any messages?

Remember, unless you are using a wired link you have to connect to the wifi before you can access the browser's graphical user interface.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Not possible. Your C7000 is a cable modem/router. Updates are in the hands of your ISP.

Netgear has added Netgear App support for some (newer?) Cable devices, look here -> Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? Check exact model indication on the device label (C7000v2 or C7000-200xxx would be the version two model).

Message 4 of 5

@schumaku wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

Netgear has added Netgear App support for some (newer?) Cable devices, look here -> Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? Check exact model indication on the device label (C7000v2 or C7000-200xxx would be the version two model).

Well spotted.

But for older stuff it depends on firmware updates, which ISPs seem to be reluctant to disseminate. Too keen to rent their own modems?

I wouldn't hold out much hope of this happening on most of the stuff that is already out there.

Might be a good idea to buy a new modem if this is important. And for once you can't really blame Netgear for this.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7