Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app

Cooleytn
Aspirant

Nighthawk app

Are people have Trouble Connecting to the router with the nighthawk app. I have downloaded the new firmware on my router. Thing was working good used the app on my phone then jan 1 the app would not connect the router. It ask me to reset the router with modem. I did all that it work for a min turn my cell off and now the app is not connecting to my router. Need some
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app

What router do you have? 

What firmware are you on? 

What modem do you have? 

did the issue start after you updated the firmware?

Message 2 of 4
Cooleytn
Aspirant

What router do you have? Nighthawk x6s model R7900P

V2.7.2.1373
What modem do you have?
Motorola docsis 3.1 cable model mb8600
did the issue start after you updated the firmware? Yes i install it from the app and now I cannot log in through the app it keep asking me to reboot router and model R7900P.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Cooleytn wrote:
What router do you have? Nighthawk x6s model R7900P

V2.7.2.1373----that's probably your app version. Log in to the router through the browser and check which version of firmware you're on. 
What modem do you have?
Motorola docsis 3.1 cable model mb8600
did the issue start after you updated the firmware? Yes i install it from the app and now I cannot log in through the app it keep asking me to reboot router and model R7900P.

The firmware version you put is for the app I believe. The R7000P's latest version is 1.4.1.66. I've seen a few people on here with app issues on that version. they actually downgraded back to 1.4.1.64 and the app worked again. If you use this method, do it over a hardwired connection for best results. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7