Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app

Lcadet
Aspirant

Nighthawk app

I have the XR500 and EX7700 the app on IOS has never worked properly. Here are the issues I found an hope you can help me.
XR500- cannot see devices connected.
This device is on the latest firmware and was factory reset once before and still nothing.
EX7700- devices show up but I cannot disconnect them from the network or do anything at all other then view the Ip and MAC address.

Is this only on my devices. I have tried on IPhone XS and iPad Pro. Yes all on the latest IOS. And still nothing. Any help out there???
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app

Is it only on the app? 

Are you able to it through the browser?

Message 2 of 6
Lcadet
Aspirant

On the dumaos web interface everything is ok. I can see all devices and can stop, delete etc. as needed. Other than change the Wi-Fi passwords, enable guess wi-if and test the internet speed there is 0 functionality on the app.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

you could try uninstalling/reinstalling the app. But I wouldn't worry about it to much if the browser is working fine

Message 4 of 6
Lcadet
Aspirant

Re-installing does nothing to add the functionality required. Are you really saying that Netgear made a useless app but we should be thankful that the browser works?

Does your app work? Using the browser for these basic functions is not practical. Further than this the Dumaos has its own problems but I will save this for another tread.

Any real answers for the issue at hand??
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Did I say you should be thankful? No. It sucks the app isn't working properly.

But an app not working is a different issue than a router not working. 

So if I had to choose? It'd be an easy choice.

Maybe something was corrupt in the app. Maybe the app had a bad update.  Maybe the phone did an update that caused issues with the app. But I'd rather my app not function properly and still be able to login to the gui to make changes versus the router being the issue. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7