Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk application (IOS) times out on login. (Model C7000)

clrj14
Aspirant

Nighthawk application (IOS) times out on login. (Model C7000)

Device:
- iphone Xs max
- ios version 13.3.1

Nighthawk application times out on log in. I've confirmed the password works by logging in on netgear genie just in case. I have also reset the password thinking it could be something with that. I have also tried reinstalling the app and restarting my device.

Let me know if anbody has any clues on this. I submitted a bug report as well.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk application (IOS) times out on login. (Model C7000)

I see no sign that the Nighthawk app supports the C7000V1.

Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Have you tried the Netgear genie?

Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using the NETGEAR genie app? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Unlike routers and DSL modem/routers, Netgear cannot update your firmware to work with newer apps. Your Internet service provider controls your firmware.

Message 2 of 4
clrj14
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk application (IOS) times out on login. (Model C7000v2)

My apologies, I should have mentioned its a C7000v2 which is included on the support list. I'm assuming the nighthawk application is very similar to netgear genie and I have access to that so its not a big deal. Just wanted to bring it to the community's attention. 

Message 3 of 4

Re: Nighthawk application (IOS) times out on login. (Model C7000v2)

@clrj14 wrote:

My apologies, I should have mentioned its a C7000v2 which is included on the support list.

The Nighthawk App is supposed to support with the C7000v2. That is why it kind of helps to have the exact details.

@clrj14 wrote:

I'm assuming the nighthawk application is very similar to netgear genie and I have access to that so its not a big deal.

Are you saying that the Netgear Genie app works? If so, this suggests that those links are wrong. Or it may depend on the firmware, but that is down to the ISP to deliver.

It is a case of one app or the other, but not both.

Some people think it was a step backwards when the genie died and they had to switch the NIghthawk app.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7