Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk application stopped working on iPhone and iPad, HELP

Tucson_Jim
Star

OK, thanks. Interesting. That is what I usually do with my MACBook. I'll give it a try later on when things are more safe. I use a variety of browsers, mostly Opera and a few others so maybe this is a good solution. I'll let you know though we still suspect this may be a firmware issue.

jim

Message 26 of 38

@Tucson_Jim wrote:

I'll let you know though we still suspect this may be a firmware issue.

That would be great feedback that could help other people.

I suspect that it is more a combination of firmware and app than one or the other. I wouldn't rule out changes in the iOS devices either,  but that's a different issue.

Message 27 of 38
Tucson_Jim
Star

OK, I was able to access the router via my Macbook to the URL, but it was acting strange. In the BASIC setting, everything I clicked on did NOT present any info on the screen. In the advanced tab, I was able to see info. So something is wrong here, not sure what it is, but maybe attribute it to the latest firmware update. I accessed the router from my OPERA browser.

I did see that there was an IOS (iPhone) nighthawk app update which I will try now.

OK FAILED. Would not log me in using face id. Entering my data & password yielded nothing. Could NOT log in.

Message 28 of 38

@Tucson_Jim wrote:

OK, I was able to access the router via my Macbook to the URL, but it was acting strange. In the BASIC setting, everything I clicked on did NOT present any info on the screen. In the advanced tab, I was able to see info. So something is wrong here, not sure what it is, but maybe attribute it to the latest firmware update. I accessed the router from my OPERA browser.

Thanks for trying.

I should have added that Netgear specifically warns that some things don't work in Safari.

To quote the manuals:

"The router admin password is used to log in to your router web interface. We recommend that you enable password recovery so that you can recover the password if it is forgotten. This recovery process is supported in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers but not in the Safari browser."

Probably not relevant in these circumstances, but who knows?

Message 29 of 38
Tucson_Jim
Star

What I think we are finding is that the router, after the firmware update is not acting normally, either through direct URL via Mac / PC or via the Nighthawk app. The latest IOS app update did not fix this issue as I was unable to sign on at all as before. I hope the netgear team is reading these and investigating so we can get back to normal. I / We probably have to much invested in Netgear products to lose faith now & go about finding other replacements. Though it appears the router is functioning as it should, being unable to access it (& who knows, maybe being unable to download a firmware fix) is not a situation you have confidence in.

Message 30 of 38
Tucson_Jim
Star

More info. I was able to get full access to the router via the URL with my AVAST Browser. Need to see the settings differences between AVAST & OPERA. Maybe it has to do with popups or cookies, not sure. However NIGHTHAWK App on iPhone continues to FAIL. Tries face-id, thern sign in, then tells me WiFi Not Detected when indeed I am on WiFi right now, so there is definitely a problem here with the app. It seems as though the router is rejecting the info from the app.

Message 31 of 38
M3DM
Guide

Can Netgear fix or provide a solution to this issue. Prior to updating the iPhone app and the router firmware everything worked fine. Now the phone app is useless. Can anyone provide some customer assistance please?

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 32 of 38
larryis1
Star

This problem has been continuous as Netgear issues updates to its Nighthawk App for iPhone & iPad without really testing the update completely... premature software update release.  Prior to release everything works well with this Nighthawk App, then they do an update and the interface is LOST between the iOS app and the Router*.  This is an unacceptable performance problem and Netgear should make it a priority to change its software development and release practices to not issue premature untested updates.  Step up and serve your customers Netgear.

*Note:  The Router works fine even though the iOS interface between the Nighthawk app & Router is considered non-functional.

Regards,

Larry

Message 33 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community,

Can you provide the following info for us to better to assist. 

Nighthawk App Version:

Router Model:

Router Firmware Version:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 34 of 38

We have been trying for months to get this resolved with negative results. Everything is currently updated and the app still doesn't work, at all. I would like to update my router to another Netgear product, but the way this is going that is not going to happen. I doesn't work no matter how many times I check the firmware, my phone version or resetting it or any app update for that matter.

Message 35 of 38
larryis1
Star

Here is the information you requested to resolve the non-function Nighthawk app using iOS 14.6 on both my iPhone & my iPad.

Nighthawk App Version:  2.10.5.17

Router Model:  R7960P-100NAS

Router Firmware:  1.4.68_1.3.28

This is a respective problem with Nighthawk App updates where existing functionality to access the Router is lost once the Netgear App is Updated.  For me this is at least the fifth time this has happened.

Please advise me and the Forum here of the final and sustained resolution of this app problem.

Thanks,

Larry

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Community,

Can you provide the following info for us to better to assist. 

Nighthawk App Version:

Router Model:

Router Firmware Version:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 36 of 38
Tucson_Jim
Star

Nighthawk App Version: 2.10.5.17
Router Model: R7900P
Router Firmware Version: V1.4.1.68_1.3.28

FIRMWARE CHECK ERROR ALWAYS ENCOUNTERED. 
Other errors such as error on Device Manager.
APP NOT usable

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 37 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

I'm able to use my NH app v2.10.5.17 on my R7960P router with v1.4.1.68_1.3.28 loaded:

This with the router not connected to any modems.

IMG_0259.PNG

IMG_0260.PNG

Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 23 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7