Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk iPhone app can't see R7850, but I can access router on computer browser & iPhone Safari

x_ja_x
Follower

Nighthawk iPhone app can't see R7850, but I can access router on computer browser & iPhone Safari

I have a Nighthawk R7850 router. I recently upgraded to a Spectrum 1G modem. (I had Spectrum's 300 mbps modem and service before the upgrade.) The speed directly from the new modem is 1G. The speed from the Nighthawk reads a little under 300 mbps (direct connection or via wifi.) It was recommended that I reset the router, which usually resolves the problem. That's where I got into trouble.

My speed via the router is still reading at less than 300 mbps. Also -  I reset the router and set it up using a browser because I couldn't get the Nighthawk App to see it. I can connect to the router via my computer's browser or my iPhone's Safari browser and change or look at the settings. However, the Nighthawk app can't see the router. Plus, the app gets stuck in a loop. I sign in, attempt to go to the dashboard but it tries to locate the router, can't, and asks me to try again. It thinks I am not on the correct wifi but I am. I can't get to the app's settings or menu.  I tried the Connect with Anywhere Access but it says there are no devices with Anywhere Access Enabled. I'm directed to go to the app's menu, but I can't because the app keeps searching for the router and will keep looping back to that screen. 

*I've tried all the trouble shooting advice listed on Netgear's support site (enable local network access on your iphone, check to see if you are logged into the guest network or have the wrong wifi connected, check the device connectivity, make certain bridge mode is not engaged, I've rebooted everything etc.)
*I completely uninstalled the Nighthawk app from my cell phone and even from iCloud and reinstalled.

* I reset the router and tried again.
*I have the current version of router firmware and the app is up to date.
*The wifi info from my iphone has an IP address of 192.168.1.4 and the router is 192.168.1.1

*iPhone 12 Pro iOS 15.5

*I noticed my A Security is not activated when I look at my router's settings on a browser

Any ideas? I hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk iPhone app can't see R7850, but I can access router on computer browser & iPhone S

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk iPhone app can't see R7850, but I can access router on computer browser & iPhone S

@x_ja_x wrote:

I have a Nighthawk R7850 router. I recently upgraded to a Spectrum 1G modem.

Does the modem have a model number?

*I have the current version of router firmware and the app is up to date.

Unfortunately, "current version" does not tell us which one you have. Only the numbers tell us that. You can't rely on the various apps to tell the truth. They may say "No update available" when in reality they have just missed out on new stuff. One poor soul recently turned up here with two-year old firmware that the app still claimed to be the newest.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7