Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk

Dsh1441
Follower

Nighthawk

In the app under the Devies list, you can edit the name of the device and assign an icon.  Where do I find the mean for each icon?  See attached.

Message 1 of 5

Re: Nighthawk

@Dsh1441 wrote:

Where do I find the mean for each icon? 

Do you mean name for each icon?

You set the name for the device and pick the icon you want to use with it.

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

@Dsh1441 wrote:

No, the usability is poor, there is no textual definition on the icon selection page (not acceptable for visually impaired) e.g. in the form of a "mouse-over" or current selected icon. You can just see that the icon list, and the selected icon .It's about what is shown in the list as e.g. NETWORK or EXTENDER and the like.

And still, a switch icon does not exist (instead we have a bloody router - what does another router behind a Nighthawk?) so we can just use the "wireless" icon identifying as NETWORK (WT*?) - even if we have "real" Netgear Nighthawk switches in place. 

Note: The number and types of icons depends on the managed Nighthawk device - and even the leading edge 802.11ac R9000 does still come with a very limited icon set. Just ridiculous, too. 

Screenshot_20190804-132935.pngScreenshot_20190804-132948.png

Message 3 of 5

@schumaku wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

@Dsh1441 wrote:

No,

How about leaving the person who asked the question to say what they mean rather than going off on another rant about Netgear?

That does nothing to help the people who turn up here asking assistance, which is what most of us try to do rather than yet more "thread hijacking".

NETGEAR Community Terms Of Service | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward 

You can find the same information I've by checking the Nighthawk App yourself if you would take all community members serious - and won't have to put up silly questions on obvious facts. I've just re-iterated what the OP tried to explain. Can't be you have to apply go over two steps to discover what the Icon meanings and definitons are about.

And again: What is implemented there does not fulfil basic accessibility standards - what is very odd for a US product. 

I'm living in a country which believes strongly in free speech. And this is a public community. As I own and manage a larger amount of NTGR products on behalf of customers and friends, I will continue posting - if you like it or not. 

Stop s**ing on other commun ity member heads.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7