Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet connection on setup R7000

syko12345
Aspirant

No internet connection on setup R7000

Hi all,

i recently got my hands on a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. I currently from the UK and my ISP is BT (BT infinity 1 FTTC) and i currently use their Home Hub 5 (which has a built in modem). To compliment the R7000 i also purchased a Open Reach Modem, as i was told this router needs a modem. 

I connected the DSL (internet wire) from my old router (HH5) to my modem and connected my router and modem together  (All LED lights seem fine, and stable on router and modem).

Everything seemed fine until i loaded Netgear genie to setup the router and establish an internet connection. Firstly Genie doesnt automaticly find an internet connection and says "Not Connected". When i go onto Adanced settings and setup wizzard, the search finds the PPPOE internet connection and asks me to log in. I use 'Admin' & 'password' and the search continues. But always ends saying there was no internet connection found in red and to try again.

I have tried reseting the modem and power cycles which do not work. 

Can anyone help me with the setup?  

Happy to answer any quetsions you have. Thank You

James 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
syko12345
Aspirant

Re: No internet connection on setup R7000

Hi Mate,

Thanks for your swift response.

I have managed to get everything working. All i had to do was setup the router manually and enter the ISP login details (your.name@btbroadband.com pass: BT) 

thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What is the manufacturer / model number of your modem? Are you sure it’s only a modem, it is very common for DSL modems to also be routers, which would explain the issues you are seeing. If you ‘Google’ the model number of your modem along with the words ‘Bridged Mode’ then if you see instructions to setup the modem in that way give them a try.

Normally if the modem is just a simple modem, it would be necessary to enter ISP login details into the attached router (the R7000) did you have to do this? Also if you log into the R7000 and look at the router status page do you see a public or private IP address allocated to the R7000 Internet (WAN) port?

https://www.iplocation.net/public-vs-private-ip-address

If you see a Private IP address that would tend to suggest that your modem is operating as a router.

Message 2 of 4
syko12345
Aspirant

Hi Mate,

Thanks for your swift response.

I have managed to get everything working. All i had to do was setup the router manually and enter the ISP login details (your.name@btbroadband.com pass: BT) 

thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's great, thanks for the update.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation