Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

On my Adroid Phone not seen anymore????

Kjwinston
Aspirant

On my Adroid Phone not seen anymore????

Hello my Sherlock mystery solvers:

I am having trouble finding my functional Nighthawk app on my phone. I see the app but trying to get a speed test (wifi) it says not conncectd? I look up settings and it shows connceted to my Netgear91 which is my network? I do have a VPN that i am using. I turned it off to test it again and same concern. I tried using the phone to get the concern not being able to connect, but I forgot my password . and to get anpother needs a password or two questions answered which I did, buit tells me those are wrong? 

I just want to run and speed test close to my Smart TV and get my password to get into NetGear.

Kevin

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: On my Adroid Phone not seen anymore????

@Kjwinston wrote:

I am having trouble finding my functional Nighthawk app on my phone.

I don't follow. You can't find an icon for the app on your phone? Or it is there and something in it doesn't work?

I see the app but trying to get a speed test (wifi)

Funnily enough, the speedtest in the app does not measure the wifi speed. (You'll see that the app calls it an "Internet speedtest". What the app does is to run a speedtest between the router and the Internet.

To get a proper wifi speedtest, us the stand-alone speedtest app. Run them side by side and you will see what I mean.

I see the app but trying to get a speed test (wifi) it says not conncectd? I look up settings and it shows connceted to my Netgear91 which is my network?

Netgear91 is probably the default SSID of your unknown router. You may be connected to that wifi, but that does not mean that the app is connected to your router.

Apps are a way of diving onto the router through Netgear's mynetgear cloud service. It takes some setting up.

When you launch the app, what does it say for the router's connection? "Connected by Anywhere Access" or "Connected Locally"?

When you use the app, you first have to connect to the wifi, or the Internet for remote access, and then the app should ask for the details it needs to login to the router. The login details there are those that you also use to get the browser graphical user interface (GUI) to connect to the router. The default access details are admin and password. (You may have changed that password.)

I forgot my password . and to get anpother needs a password or two questions answered which I did, buit tells me those are wrong? 

That sounds a bit like you are trying to use Netgear's password recovery process.

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

I just want to run and speed test close to my Smart TV and get my password to get into NetGear.

Not sure why you want to do a speedtest for the TV, but, as I explained, the app won't be much help. If you are trying to troubleshoot a TV connection, you might like to stick with that and not get distracted by apps and stuff.

There are also several passwords to get "into NetGear" depending on what you are trying to do. The wifi and GUI, for example, aren't the same.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: On my Adroid Phone not seen anymore????

@Kjwinston wrote:

I am having trouble finding my functional Nighthawk app on my phone.

I don't follow. You can't find an icon for the app on your phone? Or it is there and something in it doesn't work?

I see the app but trying to get a speed test (wifi)

Funnily enough, the speedtest in the app does not measure the wifi speed. (You'll see that the app calls it an "Internet speedtest". What the app does is to run a speedtest between the router and the Internet.

To get a proper wifi speedtest, us the stand-alone speedtest app. Run them side by side and you will see what I mean.

I see the app but trying to get a speed test (wifi) it says not conncectd? I look up settings and it shows connceted to my Netgear91 which is my network?

Netgear91 is probably the default SSID of your unknown router. You may be connected to that wifi, but that does not mean that the app is connected to your router.

Apps are a way of diving onto the router through Netgear's mynetgear cloud service. It takes some setting up.

When you launch the app, what does it say for the router's connection? "Connected by Anywhere Access" or "Connected Locally"?

When you use the app, you first have to connect to the wifi, or the Internet for remote access, and then the app should ask for the details it needs to login to the router. The login details there are those that you also use to get the browser graphical user interface (GUI) to connect to the router. The default access details are admin and password. (You may have changed that password.)

I forgot my password . and to get anpother needs a password or two questions answered which I did, buit tells me those are wrong? 

That sounds a bit like you are trying to use Netgear's password recovery process.

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Not sure why you want to do a speedtest for the TV, but, as I explained, the app won't be much help. If you are trying to troubleshoot a TV connection, you might like to stick with that and not get distracted by apps and stuff.

There are also several passwords to get "into NetGear" depending on what you are trying to do. The wifi and GUI, for example, aren't the same.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7