Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Other devices don't show up on the Netgear Genie "Client" App .

mboire
Tutor

Other devices don't show up on the Netgear Genie "Client" App .

I have 4 Wireless IP Cameras (3 X Foscam, 1 Dlink) + several computers, NAS, printer, etc..

For some reason, 2 of the 4 ipcameras dont show up on the Attached Devices Pane nor the printer.

BUT: all devices show up on the Netgear Genie "Client" App.

I opened a ticket with support, answered question every day for te last 9 daus, supplied 3 times Screen Shots. 

So far none of the different Support people seem to know what I am talking about?
Considering I supplied nice pictures from the Genie "Client" App that says 12 devices connected and others from the Web app (www.routerlogin.net) that says 9 attached device.

Is there sone sort of escalation process?

Message 1 of 16
TheEther
Guru

The router will only display attached devices that it knows about.  If a device uses DHCP to acquire an IP address, then it will show up as an attached device.  OTOH, if device doesn't use DHCP but instead has a manually-configured, static IP address, then the router will only know about it if it sees traffic from that device.

If your IP cameras are configured with static IP addresses and never send any traffic through the router, then that may explain why they are not showing up as attached devices.  The Netgear Genie "client" app, may be doing its own survey of the network and discovering the "hidden" IP cameras that the router doesn't see.

Message 2 of 16
mboire
Tutor

All my devices uses DHCHP. I did however set use the Address Reseravation menu to prevent them to switch IP under;

Advanced --> Setup --> Lan Setup -- Use Router as DHCP Server --> Address Reservation

Then again, All my devices are setunder Address Reservation and only the printer and 2 IP Cameras are missing.

All 4 IP cameras are setup the same way.

Message 3 of 16
TheEther
Guru

Can you check the logs on the router and confirm that the 2 IP Cameras and printer are being assigned IP addresses by the router?

Does the problem persist across a reboot of the router?

Message 4 of 16
mboire
Tutor

All 4 IP cameras incl. the 2 missing and the printer are listed in the log ...[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.8)] to MAC address...

And yes, the problem still persists after router was rebooted (Firmware 1.0.2.44).  

In addition, support made me upgrade the Firmware to the latest release (1.0.2.46), therefore it was rebooted again... the problem was not resolved.

Message 5 of 16
TheEther
Guru

Strange.  Well, I only have a couple more ideas left.

1. Do you have Access Control enabled?  If so, make sure that the missing devices are not blocked.  Better yet, disable Access Control altogether.
  2. Try removing the Address Reservations, temporarily, for the missing devices.  Restart the devices.
Message 6 of 16
mboire
Tutor

I disabled Access Control, removed the Printer IP from the Address Reservations, shutdown and restarted the printer... no change, its still missing from "Attached Devices".

Message 7 of 16
TheEther
Guru

Which "Attached Devices" display is missing these devices?  The one available by logging into the router or from the app installed on a PC?

Message 8 of 16
mboire
Tutor

The one available by logging into the router is missing the devices.

The app installed on a PC or a Mac has always been correct.

Message 9 of 16
TheEther
Guru

The title of this thread says the opposite of what you said.  Anyway, I'm out of ideas.

Message 10 of 16
mboire
Tutor

Yeah, Sorry about that. I spend a week sending screen prints to support. They made me reset the router a number of times, Revert to factory settings. Asked me to Upgrade/downgrade firmware. I m ouviously fustrated. I asked to escalate my ticket, once they said the escalated, it was the last communication I had from them.

Message 11 of 16
Red32
Tutor

My N900 is behaving similarly.  Do the "missing" devices not listed in the Attached Devices page at all, or do they just listed with their MAC addresses with SSID, IP, and name blank?  

Message 12 of 16
mboire
Tutor

They do not show at all!

Message 13 of 16
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mboire,

I have reviewed your case and you sent us an email indicating that the QoS feature had something to do with the issue. Thank you for providing us that information. Rest assured we are working on a fix for this. Please make sure to keep an eye out on the next firmware release for a possible fix.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 14 of 16
mboire
Tutor

For those of you who want to know. 

I noticed that all the missing devices had their Priority seting set to low. Priority is assigned by Qos, it can be High/Medium/Low.

So I disabled Qos and all my missing devices cam back in the Attached Device window.

Message 15 of 16
Red32
Tutor

@mboire wrote:

For those of you who want to know. 

I noticed that all the missing devices had their Priority seting set to low. Priority is assigned by Qos, it can be High/Medium/Low.

So I disabled Qos and all my missing devices cam back in the Attached Device window.

Are you saying that you had set up QoS rules?  I don't think that you had mentioned it.  By default, the only QoS that's enabled is for WMM.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7