Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Contols Bypass Login

slowy
Aspirant

Parental Contols Bypass Login

Hello,

I have set up parent controls and logged in to my bypass account. If I then go to the network map and try to set the filtering to my Mac to "bypass login", I get a screen pop up with the message "Please login bypass first". How do I resolve this? Also, if I instead try to set my filtering to anything other than "Default Level of Router", I see a spinning wheel which indicates something is going on. However, when I click on my Mac again, I see the setting has returned to "Default Level Of Router" again. I have tried reinstalling Genie, but that has made no difference. PLease help!!

Thanks,

Neil

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental Contols Bypass Login

Hi @slowy,

You should be able to login to your bypass account if you have already created one. You can do this on the device you wish to use the bypass login. Open the NETGEAR Genie app/program > Select Parental Controls on the left > Login to your OpenDNS account > Select Bypass Login on the lower right > Login to your bypass account. The device should now have bypass access.

If you have already logged in to your bypass account but the Network Map still indicates that the device is still on the default level, please try the following:

1. Check if the bypass account works by accessing sites that are supposed to be filtered.

2. Try logging out of the bypass account then log back in.

3. You can also try using the bypass account on another device to check works there.

4. Try creating another bypass account.

5. Also, it may take a while for the setting to get  synced with the OpenDNS servers.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
slowy
Aspirant

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried your suggestions without much success. I have tried running Genie from my iPad and I can get it to accept my bypass logon. However, that only works for as long as Genie is running - if I restart Genie, the bypass (or any other changes to to the filtering level) are lost. Also, when Genie says the bypass is active or if I set the level to none on my iPad, I still find that websites are blocked. This is so frustrating!!

Cheers,

Neil

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @slowy,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7