Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Parental Control - Curfew by device?

solomani
Aspirant

Parental Control - Curfew by device?

Hi all,

Is it possible to setup a per device schedule?  For example, I want device-X to have no internet access after a certain a time each day.  As best I can tell I can only do this across the whole network which isn't very useful.  Happy to be corrected.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@solomani wrote:

Thanks.  But the pdf only goes to page 127 🙂  Looking at the scheduling section it doesn't really help.  Is there another section I should be checking?

Somehow my cut/paste went bad, and I linked you to the R6300 manual by mistake.  I've corrected that link - the page numbers were correct in my earlier post.

FWIW, you can find the manuals, data sheets, and firmware by entering "Netgear D6400 support" into google, and clicking on the Netgear link - normally at the top of the search page.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What router model do you have (and what firmware is it running)?

Many Netgear routers will let you set up a schedule like this, but not all.

Message 2 of 9
solomani
Aspirant

Hiya,

DS6400 with V1.0.0.56_1.0.56.

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@solomani wrote:

Hiya,

DS6400 with V1.0.0.56_1.0.56.

I am guessing you meant the D6400.  The instructions on page 130-131 of the manual show how to do it: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D6400/D6400_UM_EN.pdf?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

You'd use "all" for the service.  Also set up the device so it has a reserved IP address (otherwise the rule won't kick in).  If this is a device with both ethernet and wifi you will need two rules (and two reservations) - one for ethernet and one for the wifi connection.

Message 4 of 9
solomani
Aspirant

Thanks.  But the pdf only goes to page 127 🙂  Looking at the scheduling section it doesn't really help.  Is there another section I should be checking?

Message 5 of 9

Curfew by device that is called a locker with a key!

Just liking, I am Switzerland :)!

Message 6 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@solomani wrote:

Somehow my cut/paste went bad, and I linked you to the R6300 manual by mistake.  I've corrected that link - the page numbers were correct in my earlier post.

FWIW, you can find the manuals, data sheets, and firmware by entering "Netgear D6400 support" into google, and clicking on the Netgear link - normally at the top of the search page.

Message 7 of 9
solomani
Aspirant

Hi StephenB this worked perfectly thanks for your help.
Message 8 of 9

@solomani, @StephenB rocks always, I'm impressed by his wisdom!!!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7