Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Parental Controls Won't Quit

Roadturn
Tutor

Parental Controls Won't Quit

I get blocked randomly by parental controls on visits to harmless websites.  I've turned off parental controls completely. I've even restored the router to factory condtion. But I still get blocked by a screen that says "This website is not allowed. Parental control is blocking the content of this website from viewing." I often have to use my phone to get info from non-threatening sites. How can I stop the madness? I've updated to the latest firmware.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

The Arris model reports that it's a gateway router as well. Is the modem fully bridged? If not, it should be to allow the NG router to handle internet and NAT traffic. You maybe in a double NAT condition. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset be performed and the set up the router from scratch? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? 

Does this happen on all devices or one particular device? 

Any PC security software enabled on the PC? 

Message 2 of 6
Roadturn
Tutor

Reset to factory and new setup sequence.

Others get the same treatment. Both wired and wireless.

Using Windows Defender. Doesn't help to turn it off.

ISP modem is an Arris DG860

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The Arris model reports that it's a gateway router as well. Is the modem fully bridged? If not, it should be to allow the NG router to handle internet and NAT traffic. You maybe in a double NAT condition. 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If the modem can't be bridged, you can use the modems DMZ for the IP addresss the NG router gets from the Modem for another solution for this. 

Message 5 of 6
chronicmarco
Aspirant

Parental Control on AC2600 - Not compatible with Circle?

I just bought an X4S AC25600 Nighthawk wifi modem. Model D7800 in Sydney Australia. I bought it thinking that I could access Circle Disney parental control features. I updated the firmware to V 1.0.1.34....Downloaded the Circle app onn my android phone S7. It seems that the router is NOT compatible with Circle....Hope there's an update from Netgear coming out soon..I need help please..:)

Chronicmarco

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7