Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Controls have stopped work on MR60/MS60

gamecat235
Follower

Parental Controls have stopped work on MR60/MS60

When the V1.1.6.122 update rolled out with parental controls, I tried the free trial, and after verifying that it worked to monitor and control my daughter's internet usage on her chromebook, I paid for the annual subscription. 

This week, I noticed that there have been no updates since Monday, and that it was no longer tracking, pausing, or controlling the device assigned to her profile. 

I have checked to see if there were updates available for the app (ios 2.14.0.301) or router firmware (V1.1.6.122) and finding none, I restarted everything, and then deleted and readded her profile, and still I am unable to monitor or control her access to the internet. It shows 0:00:00 of her daily 3:00:00 used even though she has been online for more than an hour today. 

It is as if the functionality just suddenly stopped working. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Parental Controls have stopped work on MR60/MS60

I'd try getting a hold of support, especially if its for a paid service. Sometimes app/firmware updates break things and its better to get it on the radar early. 

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle/Parental controls, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7