Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental controls not blocking.

Neurodrive
Aspirant

Parental controls not blocking.

Hi so i bought my router in late 2016 and parental controls has worked at blocking pages but since latest firmware it doesn't block anything no matter what the filter levels are at. I've reset it twice and it hasn't made a difference.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental controls not blocking.

Hi @Neurodrive,

Welcome to the community!

1. Please indicate the exact firmware version of the router.

2. Please make sure that the DNS values on the router UI are the OpenDNS values of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

3. Does the issue persist even when setting individual filter levels for each device via the network map?

3. Please make sure that the filtering level matches the on on https://netgear.opendns.com/sign_in.php.

Dexter

Message 2 of 6
Neurodrive
Aspirant

Hi the firmware is V1.0.2.62. The dns is set to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.  The issues still persists with individual filters and lastly the filter is same on opendns as on genie and it still doesn't block anything.

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

If you haven't yet, we recommend doing a factory reset after the firmware update. Please let us know if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 4 of 6
Neurodrive
Aspirant

I did the factory reset and its still the same unfortunately.
Message 5 of 6

@Neurodrive wrote:
I did the factory reset and its still the same unfortunately.

Did you reload the saved settings from before? That can just bring bugs back from the dead.

If so, try again without restoring the settings. If not, then it is something else.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7