Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Pause/Resume Disabled

MickLion1
Aspirant

Pause/Resume Disabled

Hello guys,

With the app for my router works just fine before with functional device manager, but now it’s not working. The area where the switch between (pause/resume) has been grayed out and I can’t seem to use it anymore. Along with getting into the app seems to be a problem; App not detecting with my router correctly.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI MickLion1, 

Please ensure that your mobile device is connected to the network. You may try reinstalling the app and check to see if your router is due for a firmware update.

Christian 

Message 2 of 12
MickLion1
Aspirant

Hello Christian,

I have deleted my app and reinstalled it. Along with checking that I am connected to the internet with no new update available. The device manager pause/disabled is still grayed out (not allowing me to change to pause/disabled). During the beginning when I set it from the first time, everything worked (about like 5 months). Somehow it’s not working now.
Message 3 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello MickLion1, 

May you try performing a factory reset on your router by holding down the reset button for 15+ seconds. After doing so, please run through the setup assistant again using the Nighthawk app. Can you also provide me with the model number of your router and the current firmware version it's on. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 12

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello MickLion1, 

May you try performing a factory reset on your router by holding down the reset button for 15+ seconds. After doing so, please run through the setup assistant again using the Nighthawk app. Can you also provide me with the model number of your router and the current firmware version it's on. 

Thanks,

Christian 

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

There are good reasons for also asking for that information.

Message 5 of 12
MickLion1
Aspirant

Thank you for waiting for moment, the model number is R7000 and it’s on version V1.09.88.
Message 6 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MickLion1, 

It appears your device is not on the latest firmware version. May you update to the latest firmware as I've included the file and release notes in the link below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061805/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-100

Christian 

Message 7 of 12
MickLion1
Aspirant

I can’t seem to install the latest update as it claim to say that they’re no new update available.
Message 8 of 12

@MickLion1 wrote:
I can’t seem to install the latest update as it claim to say that they’re no new update available.

The best way to install firmware is not to use the automated "check for updates" option but to do it manually.

If you read the link from @Christian_R it has the Release Notes with the link to the new firmware. Download it. The Release Notes  also tell you to read the manual, see the link at the end of the Release Notes.

Read the section Manually Upload Firmware to the Router.

Message 9 of 12
MickLion1
Aspirant

I have successfully updated my router to the latest version, however, the problem still stands.
Message 10 of 12
MickLion1
Aspirant

I still can’t disable nor enable the internet connection even if I updated my router.
Message 11 of 12

@MickLion1 wrote:
I still can’t disable nor enable the internet connection even if I updated my router.

It might help to backtrack to the original message. You say:

The area where the switch between (pause/resume) has been grayed out and I can’t seem to use it anymore.

Where are you looking at this?

The mobile app? Android? IoS?

And what are you trying to pause?

A single device in Device Manager?

And can you explain this bit?

App not detecting with my router correctly.

What tells you that?

Are you connecting to the wifi on your local network. Or is this remote management?

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7