Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pause internet

Hawaiiangirl112
Aspirant

Pause internet

Netgear Genie App, the option to pause internet on certain devices has disappeared in the last 24hrs. I use this option everyday for my children. Will this be fixed?
Message 1 of 6
Hawaiiangirl112
Aspirant

Re: Pause internet

Fixed....
Message 2 of 6

@Hawaiiangirl112 wrote:
Fixed....

That's good news. For the benefit of others, can you tell us how?

The solution may help someone else at a later date,

Message 3 of 6
Uperseanme
Initiate

Just upgraded routers from a wnr2000 v4 and I also found that the pause switch is missing. How did you fix this? I’ve poured through all the settings but can’t find how to turn the feature on. Please help.
Message 4 of 6
ja0814
Initiate

My issue is that I paused a device and now that device can longer connect to the Wi-Fi. Has anyone had this issue?

Message 5 of 6

@Uperseanme wrote:
Just upgraded routers from a wnr2000 v4 and I also found that the pause switch is missing.

Where is this "pause switch"? The manual for the wnr2000v4 does not mention it.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7