Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problem with Genie please help.

azon2
Aspirant

Problem with Genie please help.

Hello,
I recently got a new internet connection with comes with a new router. Due to this I had to reset my r700 nighthawk. But I cant seem to do it as easily as last time. I got the internet to work and the wireless in the genie settings (Basic tab). However, if I try to change anything in the advance tab I cant because it wont even load the page. It shows the loading symbol for about 5 seconds and the whole page stays grey. I can go through all of the tabs in the Basic part of newgear genie but any of the tabs of advance dont work. Ive tied so many things to try and get it to work. & I cant find anything online that will help me. Everyone literally just clicks the advanced tab and it works. I dont know how to fix it. Just to reiterate the problem is when I click the advance tab (because I want to change QoS settings) nothing will load at all. The screen stays grey and it will have the loading symbol for about 5 seconds and just stay grey. Hopefully you can help, Im using windows 7. Comcast xfinity.
Thank you

Message 1 of 12
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried connectign to the router using a web browser rather than the Netgear genie?
Message 2 of 12
azon2
Aspirant

I don't understand what you mean. You have to use a web browser to access the Netgear genie. It's routerlogin.net or you can type in various IP's
Message 3 of 12
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Azon2, I normally access the R7000 via a web browser and I understand that what you see on screen is called 'Netgear Genie', but I also have the Netgear Genie application installed on the PC, this isn’t a web browser. What web browser are you using to access the router configuration? Have you tried a different browser?
Message 4 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

Hi, I never use Genie. I don't even bother installing it. Big overhead.
Message 5 of 12
lebigg
Novice

Hi, i've got the exactly same problem for the same resons, i have tried to connect to the router parameters with geni but i can't, it says that it can't recognize my router. i have tried with ROUTERLOGIN.NET with firefox and i can't reach the site. i don't have anymore the advanced setting options on my geni board . help please !
Message 6 of 12
RogerSC
Virtuoso

There have been some postings here lately about people who use the "Ad Block Plus" extension on their browser not seeing the Advanced Settings. If this is the case for you, try disabling Ad Block Plus when you're logged into your router (using genie on the router itself), and see if the Advanced Settings come back.

Just a thought. There's another ad blocking extension that I use on Chrome that doesn't cause any problems with the web admin interface on the router. That's "AdBlock"...when I compared "AdBlock" to "Ad Block Plus" I chose "AdBlock" because it worked better for me at the time I tried them both.
Message 7 of 12
RogerSC
Virtuoso

Another thing to try when you're having trouble with the web admin GUI on your browser...dump your browser cache, and restart your browser. This can sometimes help by getting rid of cached pages that don't do what they should.
Message 8 of 12
lebigg
Novice

I have tried to desactivate ABP and it change nothing, i just can see the advanced settings tab on my genie page.
Message 9 of 12

I can confirm the browser version of Netgear Genie does not work on the Advanced Tab if you have Firefox and the ABP feature enabled. I disabled it for the router login page only and now Advanced Tab works fine. You may have to reload the page after you disabled ABP.
Message 10 of 12
RogerSC
Virtuoso

Yes, I had this happen with the ad blocker that I was recommending today because this hadn't happened to me yet *smile*...Advanced Settings was missing out of the left frame of the web admin GUI, and I had to click on "Don't run on this page" in "Ad Block", then reload the page to get "Advanced Settings" back. A bit of a surprise, this is the first version of firmware where this has happened to me, not sure what they changed to make the "Advanced Settings" look like an ad to Ad Blocker?
Message 11 of 12
jannik
Aspirant

sorry,but only with firefox i can enter in the router (dgnd 3700v2),with iexplorer not work,when select configure manually not appned nothing.
i try iexplore in windows seven and windows 8.1
64 bit.
p.s
firefox have adblock plus enabled and genie work fine.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7