Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: QR Code for WiFi Network

SRH86
Aspirant

QR Code for WiFi Network

I am unable to connect my genie app with my wifi on my iphone. I have opened up the wifi tab on the app and filled out appropiate headings , i was unsure what to do with the QR scan and looked it up on line and followed step 1-3 but when it came to step 4 it said the following " your wireless settings will appear along with the QR code at the bottom" then step 5 Scan the code from your mobile device to connect to your wifi.

not sure how i am meant to scan my iphone QR code when it is on my iphone does not make sense -can someone please help. Please note i also have downloaded app onto my computer this is connecting fine.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

The QR code an be used to share the wireless configuration to some friends or visitors, the feature to load a wireless config from a QR code is not often implemented, it's not available by default neither on iOS nor on Android.

Message 2 of 6
SRH86
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks fir the info but I am not quite sure how this helps me with my situation , my goal is to connect my genie app with my wifi again
Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Genie App is not intended to assist with the initial connection of the mobile device to the WiFi/router - this has to be done using the means in place by the mobile OS maker.

Message 4 of 6
SRH86
Aspirant

Hi
Yes thanks for that and I understand what you are saying but my iOS is connected to the wifi but the genie app won’t connect , when I go into my app - wifi - name - security - channel and fill in appropriate details , I still have the problem where it saids at the base of the page to scan QR code to connect which I am unsure how to do thIs , I keep getting a pop up say “ this action failed , try again “
Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@SRH86 wrote:
... my iOS is connected to the wifi but the genie app won’t connect , when I go into my app - wifi - name - security - channel and fill in appropriate details ,

Again, this is not to connect the Genie App to the router - much more this is the place where you can change the WIFi Name, Network Key (misleadingly named password), the router AP security, and select the channel to be used.

However, at this point I would guess the mobile is connected, the Genie App is authenticated and can talk to the router - otherwise this conrol would not become accessible.

@SRH86 wrote:
I still have the problem where it saids at the base of the page to scan QR code to connect which I am unsure how to do thIs , I keep getting a pop up say “ this action failed , try again “

Again, most mobile devices don't offer the ability to scan this QR code to register another wireless network.

Beyond of some 3rd party Apps, you might be able to use the Genie App on another mobile device, select QR Scanner - this should allow to read and set the wireless config accordingly, permitting to connect the other device to the router WiFi. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7