Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6020

Blueeyedgirl369
Follower

R6020

I just purchased this router and I’m trying to figure out the app. Its telling me to log in with the admin password and i am using the password found on the router and it is NOT working. Also I’m wondering if i can use TWO routers ? We like to play video games and our internet sucks and no other companies come to our area so I’m trying to work around the laggy-ness.
Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: R6020

@Blueeyedgirl369 wrote:
I just purchased this router and I’m trying to figure out the app. Its telling me to log in with the admin password and i am using the password found on the router and it is NOT working.

Login to what? The browser graphical user interface (GUI) or the wifi?

They have different passwords.

@Blueeyedgirl369 wrote:
Also I’m wondering if i can use TWO routers ? We like to play video games and our internet sucks and no other companies come to our area so I’m trying to work around the laggy-ness.

Hard to unravel what is going on there. Two routers on one network is not a good idea.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you are talking about using two different internet suppliers, then that is a whole new can of worms.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: R6020

@Blueeyedgirl369 wrote:
I just purchased this router and I’m trying to figure out the app. Its telling me to log in with the admin password and i am using the password found on the router and it is NOT working. 

Don't mix up the wireless network name (SSID) and the security key (misleadingly designated password) ...

R6020 SSID network key.PNG

...with the admin username and the access password - which is by default: password

R6020 admin password.PNG

...which must be used on the App as well as for the local login usng a Web browser on http://routerlogin.com

@Blueeyedgirl369 wrote:
Also I’m wondering if i can use TWO routers ? We like to play video games and our internet sucks and no other companies come to our area so I’m trying to work around the laggy-ness.

Tell us more about your ISP, your Internet connection, the house where you want to have Internet coverage, .... But two routers (as routers) are a no-no as @michaelkenward already mentioned.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7