Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6100 I have two WPA2 that comes with this router. I'm not able to access both connections.

James95757
Follower

R6100 I have two WPA2 that comes with this router. I'm not able to access both connections.

My R6100 router comes with two WPA2 connections.  We have five laptops that are able to access both connections.  The first connection is factory named Netgear

70, and the second is Netgear70 - 5G.  Netgear 70 keeps dropping, so we use the more stable Netgear70 -5G connection instead.  However, our sixth laptop is only able to access Netgear70 which is unrealiable because it keeps dropping.  So, I'm trying to connect to Netgear70 - 5G, but I can't find that connection under Show Available Networks in the list of available networks.  I see our neighbors connections and our Netgear70, but no Netgear70 - 5G.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: R6100 I have two WPA2 that comes with this router. I'm not able to access both connections.

theres 2.4ghz and 5ghz. 

the R6100 has both bands. 

From the sound of it, your other 5 devices do as well. 

But your 6th doesn't. 

2.4ghz is more sensitive to interference. You can try changing which channel its broadcasting on. 

That might make the connection more stable for the device on 2.4ghz. 

You could also try upgrading your device with only 2.4ghz to a dual band wireless chip/card. (not sure what device it is)

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7