Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6220 Wi-fi router genie issues related accessin features such as Traffic and editing device ...

LSel
Aspirant

R6220 Wi-fi router genie issues related accessin features such as Traffic and editing device setting

Netgear Genie suddenly refused to allow me to edit a device setting and no longer lets me refresh or change channels, view traffic, etc. I noticed a message about needing to update the Genie so I clicked on the update button and allowed the download and installation but to no effect. I am now receiving the following message in Genie: "You don't appear to be connected to the Internet. Please connect to the Internet through your Netgear router and try again." Now, obviously I am connected to the Internet since I'm posting on this site-- and I am using the wi-fi so again, I am obviously using this router. Now, how do I get the Genie to acknowledge my connection, allow me to edit device settings, change wi-fi channels and view the traffic summaries? Thank you for your your help.

Message 1 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6220 Wi-fi router genie issues related accessin features such as Traffic and editing device ...

Hi @LSel,

1. Please try uninstalling and re-installing the app.

2. What is the device OS (Android, iOS)?

3. Does the issue persist on other devices (Android, iOS, computer)?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
LSel
Aspirant

Hi Dexter,

I'm using a Windows 8.1 laptop computer. While our other devices access the internet via this Netgear router, none of them utilize the tablet/smart phone app and we rely on this computer to make any necessary router setting changes (like channel, access, etc.). And all devices (computer, NOOK, ROKU, Squeezebox) are accessing the internet via wi-fi. My only problem is that I can no longer change the channel or frequency to work around interference from our neighbors' routers, block someone else from "borrowing" our internet (yes, we've had one incident several months ago and ended up changing our network password--using this computer), etc.. . Thanks

Message 3 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LSel,

May I know if you have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program from the laptop? If not, we recommend doing so. Also, as an alternative, you can access the router UI/settings using an Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer). You may find the link below helpful.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/980

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LSel,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
LSel
Aspirant

Dexter, I'm afraid I haven't had the time necessary to uninstall and reinstall the software. Hopefully, I can mess with it this weekend. Thanks. Laurie

Message 6 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LSel,

Thank you for the update. Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7