Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6400 change device names

stevepa74
Follower

R6400 change device names

CANT CHANGE DEVICE NAMES ON ETHER GENIE ON LAPTOP OR NIGHTHAWK APP ON PHONE.NAME CHANGE WITH GENIE APP ON PHONE WORKED FINE BUT THAT IS NOT SUPPORTED NOW GOT TO USE NIGHTHAWK THAT NEVER WORKS RIGHT. DEVICES THAT NAME WAS CHANGED WIYH THE OLD GENIE APP ARE STILL THERE BUT NIGHTHAWK APP NEVER STICKS AND CANT FIND ON DESKTOP GENIE APP PLEASE HELP..

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

1. to the left of the "A" key is a caps lock key. Please use it. Thanks

2. Punctuation. another benefit to trying to read whats going on. Its challenging to make anything without punctuation.

Example:   Let's eat grandma!   versus Let's eat, grandma!     

3. What firmware are you on? 

4. Have you tried using the browser and not using an app to change names? 

Message 2 of 6
wdedalus
Tutor

I got obsessed yesterday and went into the web portal for my Nighthawk router.  I tracked down all the Mac addresses for the 32 (!holy crap!) devices connected to my home network, and named each of them accordingly.  Today, I went into the Nighthawk app on my phone, and the names I put in the web portal yesterday are not "pushing out" to the app.  Any suggestions on how to make that happen, without having to re-enter all 32 of them again (in the phone app)?

I'm using app version 2.6.3.1 on an iPhone.

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 6
wdedalus
Tutor

Oh, also I'm on Firmware version V1.3.1.64_10.1.36

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

I'd just not use the app. You can log into the router via the browser on  your phone. 

I've found the app to be unreliable and pretty basic. Much more function through the browser

Message 5 of 6
wdedalus
Tutor

Simple solutions are best!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7