Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400- email notification of firmware update but no updates available

Mph3842
Aspirant

R6400- email notification of firmware update but no updates available

I received an email from Netgear suggesting I upgrade the firmware on my R6400. I used the Android Nighthawk App and when searching for Updates, was told no updates were available. What gives?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: R6400- email notification of firmware update but no updates available

@Mph3842 wrote:

I received an email from Netgear suggesting I upgrade the firmware on my R6400.

These mailings seem to be for marketing purposes as much as anything. It is just a prompt to check for updates.

@Mph3842 wrote:

I used the Android Nighthawk App and when searching for Updates, was told no updates were available. What gives?

The mobile app is probably the least reliable way of checking for updates. It may miss new stuff, and some update pass it by completely. Experienced users also warn against using apps as a way of updating firmware. It runs a higher risk of going wrong.,

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

That page will have any software, firmware updates and drivers for your device, if they exist.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: R6400- email notification of firmware update but no updates available

@Mph3842 wrote:

I received an email from Netgear suggesting I upgrade the firmware on my R6400.

These mailings seem to be for marketing purposes as much as anything. It is just a prompt to check for updates.

@Mph3842 wrote:

I used the Android Nighthawk App and when searching for Updates, was told no updates were available. What gives?

The mobile app is probably the least reliable way of checking for updates. It may miss new stuff, and some update pass it by completely. Experienced users also warn against using apps as a way of updating firmware. It runs a higher risk of going wrong.,

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

That page will have any software, firmware updates and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7