Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Nighthawk App iOS unable to log in

Aanith
Tutor

R7000 Nighthawk App iOS unable to log in

Nighthawk app prompts for Netgear account login.

Upon entering correct credentials (I'm logged in here posting this), "an error has occurred. Please try again " message appears.

I can access router just fine via web gui and genie app.

Why do I have to use my netgear account to access my router from the Nighthawk app?

Latest firmware, latest app.
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12
JoseAndres041
Luminary

Re: R7000 Nighthawk App iOS unable to log in

That is Netgear's SSO. It means you need to use your my.netgear.com account to log in first. When I say my.netgear.com account, it means that account contains your router registration. That's the account that you used to register your router.

Message 2 of 12
Aanith
Tutor

That's what Im using.
Message 3 of 12
JoseAndres041
Luminary

If that's the case then you can send a bug. Just shake your phone when you get that error. It would send a bug report.

Message 4 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Aanith,

Are you logging in locally (within your network)? If so, please try using the router admin logins (admin for username and default password is password unless you've changed it).

Dexter

Message 5 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Aanith,

Were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 6 of 12
Aanith
Tutor

Deleting the app and reinstalling fixed the issue.
Message 7 of 12
TB3425
Aspirant

I have this same problem.  Nighthawk app on iPhone ALWAYS fails with the same account credentials as stored in my keychain as is my Powerbook.  The Powerbook logs in without fail.  Please don't release software without testing it.  Very disappointing.

Message 8 of 12
TB3425
Aspirant

I tried one more thing.  I deleted the Nighthawk app, which deletes all of it's data, then readded it from the app store.  I was able to use my credentials.  That is seems to be the fix.  Delete the app and reinstall it when you change your password!

Message 9 of 12
SEM55112
Aspirant

I have a similar issue. I update to the new IOS NIGHTHAWK APP a few days ago and now I can't logon. I just try to deleted and re-install it but it is still now working. Wishing to still have the old app.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 10 of 12
wade21
Aspirant

i'm having the same issue. i've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling multiple times now. the very first time i went to log in, it worked, but then i somehow got logged out after only a few seconds of being out of the app and haven't been able to log back in since. customer service refuses to support without paying them, and it's an issue with their app.

Message 11 of 12
SEM55112
Aspirant

I update to the recent IOS 12.3.1 and the log in issue was solve. I hope this work for you.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7