Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Nighthawk app doesn't trust my device

kg706
Follower

R7000 Nighthawk app doesn't trust my device

I am trying to set up the Nighthawk app on my iphone. To establish connection, it must verify the device, which the first method, using a push notification, doesn't work. The push notification doesn't ever arrive. The second method is to send an email, which also doesn't work. I get the verification code in my email but the app refuses to trust the iphone device. Is anyone else having these issues? How did you resolve it?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5
Fdinc
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Nighthawk app doesn't trust my device

I had this problem also, it’s so frustrating! This option is one of the reasons I purchased this router. Also, this is my third router. I’ve had 2 of the r7000. The first one quit working altogether and the second one started failing. I bought a newer one last week hoping that this one would be great and the actual router works but now the app is faulty. Can’t win for losing!!
Message 2 of 5
Brody9
Aspirant

I am having the same problem!!!

@kg706 wrote:

I am trying to set up the Nighthawk app on my iphone. To establish connection, it must verify the device, which the first method, using a push notification, doesn't work. The push notification doesn't ever arrive. The second method is to send an email, which also doesn't work. I get the verification code in my email but the app refuses to trust the iphone device. Is anyone else having these issues? How did you resolve it?

Message 3 of 5
scoop9999
Aspirant

I also have this problem.
Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello, 

For those experiencing this issue, may you check to see if there is a firmware update available, reinstall the Nighthawk app, and enable local network access. If your issue persists, please send me a private message with the following info for us to check further. 

Email:

Serial Number:

Firmware Version:

Nighthawk App Version: (iOS or Android)

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements