Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Won't Save Parental Control Filtering, can't login through genie app

wilef
Aspirant

R7000 Won't Save Parental Control Filtering, can't login through genie app

R7000 with V1.0.9.26_10.2.31

Windows 10 Genie App Version 2.4.52

2 issues: 

1. Single device parental control filtering doesn't actually save. It acts like it does, but always defaults back to 'default level on router'. This means I can't change parental controls per device at all. I've tried with windows app as well as iPhone app, it just doesn't save.

Other issue is, after latest R7000 firmware update and Genie app update, I can no longer log into OpenDNS through the genie app. First it wouldn't let me log in at all. Now, after complete reset of router, it lets me login, but doesn't actually save settings or filter content. When I go to bypass login, it shows: "failed to get bypass account information due to network problem".

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
whtzom6
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Won't Save Parental Control Filtering, can't login through genie app

Having the exact same issue as well.  Is there a fix?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 4
wilef
Aspirant

My  solution was switching to the Disney Circle app instead of OpenDNS. It actually works.

Message 3 of 4
mike406
Apprentice

@wilef wrote:

My  solution was switching to the Disney Circle app instead of OpenDNS. It actually works.

Of course that's what they want us to do since so much money was used to advertise the service. All I use the parental controls feature for is to take advantage of OpenDNS's ability to block phishing sites with the Minimal blocking category. I have no reason to use Circle so this issue is incredibly frustrating for me.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7