Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 after firmware upgrade, Bedtime function in Circle doesn’t function properly anymore.

PSIU
Guide

R7000 after firmware upgrade, Bedtime function in Circle doesn’t function properly anymore.

I have just updated my Netgear R7000 firmware to V1.0.9.26_10.2.31. I have also enabled the Circle(parental guidance) on my Netgear router with bedtime function turned for my kid. After the firmware upgrade, my kid's profile seems acting very strange, such as it immediately said all the time has been all used up and it keeps saying it has been passed his bedtime. I have recreated my kid's user profile from my iPhone Circle application but still, the bedtime isn't working properly. Can someone help, please? Is this firmware not compatible with Circle on my Netgear router?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: R7000 after firmware upgrade, Bedtime function in Circle doesn’t function properly anymore.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

Message 2 of 5
PSIU
Guide

Re: R7000 after firmware upgrade, Bedtime function in Circle doesn’t function properly anymore.

@michaelkenwardwrote:

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

Thank you, Michael. In that case, I cannot do a backup and restore on the current setting right?

Message 3 of 5

You can try making a backup. But that could bring back whatever the problem was.

Reset. See if it works when you restore the thing. If not, reset it again and don't restore.

Message 4 of 5
PSIU
Guide

@michaelkenwardwrote:

You can try making a backup. But that could bring back whatever the problem was.

Reset. See if it works when you restore the thing. If not, reset it again and don't restore.

Thanks Michael for your advice. At the end, I only needed to reset on the parental control setting on my router by switching it off and switching it back on again. I guess I got lucky and didn't have to do a factory reset but I did have to do the parental setup over again though.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7