Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 and R7000P How to connect both routers to the Nighthawk app for remote management

John_Bell
Aspirant

R7000 and R7000P How to connect both routers to the Nighthawk app for remote management

Is there a way to connect a R7000 (AC1900) and R7000P (AC2300) to the Nighthawk App to allow for remote control of each? If so what is the process? The online directions do not match the App at all.
Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Re: R7000 and R7000P How to connect both routers to the Nighthawk app for remote management

@John_Bell wrote:

Is there a way to connect a R7000 (AC1900) and R7000P (AC2300) to the Nighthawk App to allow for remote control of each? If so what is the process?

Are these two routers on separate networks? I doubt if it would work with both connected to each other, with one as an access point.

It works for me with an R7000P and R7800. At least, it does when the app isn't playing up.

You have to set up each router to work with Anywhere Access.

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR ...

When both are properly configured, the app will show you a list of your devices. Depending on whether you are on local WiFi, connected to one of the routers, you will get the option to use the local connection or Anywhere Access.

When you are on the Internet, you will be able to choose between the R7000 and R7000P.

michaelkenward_1-1675175143725.png

Unfortunately, your devices predate several changes in how these things work and what Netgear calls them. So the manuals may not be as clear as they  could be.

For example:

Remote Management is now Anywhere Access in the Nighthawk and Orbi apps | Answer | NETGEAR Support

So look for that in the manuals.

Message 2 of 3
John_Bell
Aspirant

Re: R7000 and R7000P How to connect both routers to the Nighthawk app for remote management

The routers were on separate networks. 

I was finally able to connect the remotely located router (AC1900-R7000).  I had to start the configuration process as if the router was new.  I used the Nighthawk app and under SETTINGS, selected the NEW SETUP and followed the prompts.  This configured the router and added it to the APP.  The whole operation was very easy and transparent, once I figured out what to do.

There was NO way I could find to add to ANYWHERE ACCESS to an already configured router.

The Netgear documentation could have been a lot clearer on how to do this.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7