Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 -my devices are all connected and working, but I cannot see them in my router when I connect

MJBRANCA17
Aspirant

R7000 -my devices are all connected and working, but I cannot see them in my router when I connect

R7000 -my devices are all connected and working fine, but I cannot see them in my router when I  connect into it.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 14
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 -my devices are all connected and working, but I cannot see them in my router when I conn

Are you looking in the app? 

Can you see them through the browser?

Message 2 of 14
MJBRANCA17
Aspirant

Re: R7000 -my devices are all connected and working, but I cannot see them in my router when I conn

I cannot see them in the apps or the browser.
Message 3 of 14

@MJBRANCA17 wrote:
I cannot see them in the apps or the browser.

Where are you looking?

Take us through the links you click to get there.

For example, in the browser:

• Basic
  • Attached devices

What do you see there?

What firmware version do you have on the R7000?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 4 of 14
MJBRANCA17
Aspirant

Hi and trhank you for your response.

My version is 1.0.11.126 .10.2.112

In the Browser and APP, I go to Wireless conections and all I see is my extender router.I use to see everthing in the app that was conected.

If i go into advance settings in the brower where you can block or allow connections I can see all my devices.

Message 5 of 14
plemans
Guru

Theres a newer 1.0.11.128 version. 

Have you tried that, then do a factory reset/reinstall? (don't install from a backup)

What modem/gateway are you connected to?

Message 6 of 14
MJBRANCA17
Aspirant

The modem I use is an Allied Telesis provided by my ISP phone company provider. I have not tried the newest firmware update or reset to factory. I am trying to avoid that because everything is working great just can't see devices all of a sudden.
Message 7 of 14

@MJBRANCA17 wrote:
The modem I use is an Allied Telesis provided by my ISP phone company provider.

That is a brand, not a model number. It probably describes dozens of possible boxes.

As in all troubleshooting exercises, the devil is in the detail.

Message 8 of 14
MJBRANCA17
Aspirant

I hear you. I can't make out the model type. I'm just trying to avoid the inevitable of resetting everything and starting over seeing everything is running good. But I appreciate your feedback and your help on this issue and thank you so much!
Message 9 of 14

@MJBRANCA17 wrote:
I hear you. I can't make out the model type.

No label on the thing?

Message 10 of 14
MJBRANCA17
Aspirant

I found it .Hope this helps.
Model :AT-iMG746MOD-MAIN
AT-iMG746MOD-WAN-100M-BD
Message 11 of 14

@MJBRANCA17 wrote:
I found it .Hope this helps.
Model :AT-iMG746MOD-MAIN
AT-iMG746MOD-WAN-100M-BD

Is this it:

iMG746MOD | Allied Telesis

If so we can probably rule out one of the bigger causes of problems that crop up here. It seems to be a modem with voice, but  no router.

@plemans may be more familiar with these devices, but if I am right there shouldn't be anything happening on the modem that causes what you see.

Message 12 of 14
plemans
Guru

Shouldn't be whats causing it. 

You could always try loading the new firmware without factory resetting. Its not *needed* but just recommended (the factory reset). 

Message 13 of 14
MJBRANCA17
Aspirant

Thank you both, I will try a new firmware before resetting to factory.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7