Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7400 Nighthawk - device manager customization

Deva13
Follower

R7400 Nighthawk - device manager customization

Was having trouble customizing the icons and descriptions of my devices on my network in the mobile Nighthawk app.  It wouldn't allow me to change icons or update names, giving me a "try again later" error msg.  Enabled the Anywhere access and logged into my network via web browser.  In the browser went to Security/Access Control and Edited the names of all of my connected devices.  Can't change icons in the web browser (or I just don't know how to).  Then I went back to the mobile app which IS reflecting the updated descriptions I made on the web browser and was able to update the icons but they went away with refresh and/or logout.  If I get the icons to stick, I will repost.  If someone else has figured out how to get the icons to stick please let me know!

Message 1 of 2

Re: R7400 Nighthawk - device manager customization

@Deva13 wrote:

Was having trouble customizing the icons and descriptions of my devices on my network in the mobile Nighthawk app. 

You don't say which Nighthawk app you have, iOS or Android, but generally experienced users avoid those things. They are design to make like simple for people who find it difficult to use anything a little bit more complicated.

Two other ways to control things are the desktop graphical user interface (GUI) or the desktop software for your operating system, Windows or Mac.

Both have ways of naming and editing network devices.

I like the desktop genie. Despite criticism from some people, it has a few features that the GUI cannot handle.

Things like the network map, for example.

Desktop GenieDesktop Genie

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7