Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500v2 Using the Netgear app on iMac

BMWTriker
Aspirant

R7500v2 Using the Netgear app on iMac

I am happy with my Netgear dual Freq router. I live in a community that built its own Internet access for residents. 1GB. I get about 970MB down and 980 UP. 

My qyuestion is about the Netgear app that I can use to monitor the router, change setting, i.e. manage it remotely. I am using it on a cable connected ethernet  connection to my router, and the app comes up when I reboot. I really don't need it in the background and whenever I try to exit the app gracefully by clicking on the icon on the upper bar, and selecting exit. It brings up a screen that asks if I really want to exit. I click YES. It never goes away. I finally have to "FORCE QUIT" to remove it. Anyone else know a better way?

iMac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7500v2 Using the Netgear app on iMac

Hi @BMWTriker,

I have done my own test and did not experience the issue. If you have the NETGEAR Genie app running, right click on the icon on the dock > Options > Uncheck/click the option to run on startup.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BMWTriker,

You have posted to ReadyNAs board about your R7500v2 router. I will now move your post to the right board.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BMWTriker,

I have done my own test and did not experience the issue. If you have the NETGEAR Genie app running, right click on the icon on the dock > Options > Uncheck/click the option to run on startup.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7