Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7900P having problems with the nighthawk app

leopeo
Follower

R7900P having problems with the nighthawk app

For the past 2 days have not been able to acces the Nighthawk app.. I've re-booted the router and have even uninstalled, then re-installed the app. I kepp recieving the same response, "login failed. Pleasere-enter correct admin password for your NETGEAR router"

At one point it i was able to sign in, but none of the deviced that are connected to router appear!

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12
mne
Guide
Guide

I was having the same problem. It started after I upgraded the router firmware to V1.4.1.66. I rolled back to V1.4.1.64 and that resolved the issue.

Message 2 of 12
Southerjt
Aspirant

I had the same issue when I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.1.66. Router seems to be working fine but Nighthawk app does not recognize it now. Any other suggestions?
Message 3 of 12
mne
Guide
Guide

My suggestion is to use a pc to access the router web-based tool to reinstall firmware version 1.4.1.64. To do that, go to https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7900P.aspx#download to download it to your pc. Go to the location where to downloaded the zip file and extract the files. Log into the web-based tool at 192.168.1.1 and go to Advanced -> Administration -> Router Upgrade ... scroll down to Router Auto Firmware Update and if it is enabled, disable it to stop the router from updating to 1.4.1.66 again ... scroll back to the top of the Router Upgrade page, click the Browse button and navigate to the location where you extracted the firmware files, open the file with the .chk extension and follow the instructions to reinstall 1.4.1.64.

Excuse me if the info was not needed. If it wasn't enough, let me know what wasn't clear.

Message 4 of 12
EdWONG
Aspirant

I had the same problem. Tried rebooting R7900P multiple times. Connected with the Nighthawk app for iOS after rebooting. Then would disconnect. Then I decided to reboot the router and modem, Arris SURFboard SB6190, at the same time. After they both came up I was able to connect with the Nighthawk app. Allows me now to activate and use the Armor Security feature that I just purchased because Comcast is discontinuing Norton.
Message 5 of 12
spuppala
Aspirant

Upgraded R7900P to new Firmware Version V1.4.1.66_1.3.26 from Nighthawk ios app and not from my desktop. Nighthawk ios app is not working. Eachtime it ask for login and login is not working. I want to rollback to older firmware version. How to rollback when i dont have any older file saved in my desktop as i upgraded the firmware from my mobile device? 

Message 6 of 12
mne
Guide
Guide

You can download older firmware version from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7900P.aspx#download ... under Firmware and Software Downloads, click on View Previous Versions and can select one of the previous versions to download.

Have you tried rebooting the router and modem? EdWONG stated that this resolved the issue. I'm away from home and heven't been able to try that.

Message 7 of 12
spuppala
Aspirant

Thanks for your help. After I rolled back my previous version, i could able to access and loginto my nighthawk ios app. 

Message 8 of 12
mne
Guide
Guide

You're welcome, glad I could help. Hopefully Netgear is aware of the issue and working on a fix to V1.4.1.66.

Message 9 of 12
asilva3111
Initiate

Check for latest update, Firmware version 1.4.1.68 (1/08/2021)

Updating from 1.4.1.66 to 1.4.1.68 fixed my issue.

Message 10 of 12
JSelkirk
Aspirant

Not sure how long my app has not been connecting - at least a couple weeks. Firmware version is V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 via desktop.
Will have to try rebooting modem and router when we're not using TV and internet. If not, will try rolling back to 1.4.1.64.
Message 11 of 12
peor73
Aspirant

I am also facing this nighthawk app issue in my device but my friend suggested me an APK website about this type of guidancea and I am researching about it there.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7