Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7960P No internet connection

Bgtwin2
Follower

R7960P No internet connection

Very disappointed with the way Netgear does business! After confirmation that my internet service and Nighthawk hardware is working properly, Netgear is making me pay to determine what is wrong with their software or whether an update is needed. The rep stated that the router should last 9 or 10 years but I will need to purchase a service contract every year (or until I become savvy enough to follow the steps on my own to update) which is a rip off. After paying all this money for a router, I shouldn't have to pay them to stay connected. By blocking connection to the internet, I am unable to follow the steps to troubleshoot or update on my own. I cannot even connect to the app. If someone knows a way around this, please let me know.
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7960P No internet connection

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

The router can always be accessed by it's WEB page UI using a PC and web browser at 192.168.1.1

What Mobile device do you have?

Be sure that random mac address features are disable on these devices:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200. Then try to connect your mobile device to the router then connect with the NH app. 

Can try try this as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

Message 2 of 3

Re: R7960P No internet connection

@Bgtwin2 wrote:
Very disappointed with the way Netgear does business! After confirmation that my internet service and Nighthawk hardware is working properly, Netgear is making me pay to determine what is wrong with their software or whether an update is needed.

If this is a new router, you get free support for 90 days. That is there to help you to set the thing up.

Unfortunately, few brands who make things offer free support for its life. They would go out of business very quickly of they did that.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Or start with this place. It is FREE.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7