Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000P - Not able to login via Nighthawk App

SkyWalker2_D
Guide

R8000P - Not able to login via Nighthawk App

Hi!

Ou tof nothing I have the situation that I can`t login into my router via Nighthawk App. The username and passwort are correct and I changed them already to see if this cause the problem.

I can login via IP adress http://192.168.1.1/ over PC and Mobile Phone. 

I am using Home Assistant and the Netgear Integration and this isn't working too.

My router is on firmware V1.4.3.88_1.3.50 due to a problem I had with static IP adresses and the Netgear support

recommended to downgrade to this version. It is some time ago and maybe the newest firmware works again with static IP adresses?!

Best
Sky

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
SkyWalker2_D
Guide

So finally it is fixed!

The not working adress reservation was never a problem for me and was not my question here.
I still use an older firmware and it is working.

My problem was the missing possibilty to log into my NH app and starting the Home Assistant Netgear Integration.
I checked the "trusted devices" and it seems the amount of devices was reached. So I had to delete my old mobile phones and the app is starting again and Home Assistant is working well too.

It seems, I found the solution on my own.

Many thanks to me!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What NH app version are you using on the mobile devices? 
Be sure that's up to date.

What do you mean by static IP addresses? Static IP addresses are set ON devices, not the router. 

Message 2 of 10
SkyWalker2_D
Guide

Hi!
My NH Apps shows the version 2.33.0.3504 so Iguess it is up to date.

But the Login doesn't work either with in Home Assistent and the Netgear integration.

With static IPs I mean that I give some devices a fixed IP address so that they don't change after a reboot of the router for example.
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

AH that's IP Address Reservation. Reservations are set ON the router. Static is set ON devices themselves.

There is a problem with official release FW. There is a beta if you feel you need it. 

Most likely new NH app versions will not work with older versions of FW> 

Message 4 of 10
SkyWalker2_D
Guide

Ok, so I have to downgrade the App or upgrade the router firmware?

Is IP reservation possible with the latest router firmware?
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Update the router. I don't think you can downgrade NH app versions. 

No. 

Message 6 of 10
SkyWalker2_D
Guide

Ok, so I have to choose wisely.
Working NH App or the possibility to make still IP reservations?
Did I understand that correctly?
Message 7 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

AH that's IP Address Reservation. Reservations are set ON the router. Static is set ON devices themselves.

Great, considering I have an MR60 - undoubted a router and in router mode - where and how can we put up an IP Address Reservation please? Without, the portforwarding feature is of limited use only. What a mess.... 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

There is a problem with official release FW. There is a beta if you feel you need it. 

Most likely new NH app versions will not work with older versions of FW> 

Are you talking about a Beta App, pr a Beta for the MR60, or both - to allow an IP Address Reservation (IP-MAC address reservation)? 

Message 8 of 10
SkyWalker2_D
Guide

So finally it is fixed!

The not working adress reservation was never a problem for me and was not my question here.
I still use an older firmware and it is working.

My problem was the missing possibilty to log into my NH app and starting the Home Assistant Netgear Integration.
I checked the "trusted devices" and it seems the amount of devices was reached. So I had to delete my old mobile phones and the app is starting again and Home Assistant is working well too.

It seems, I found the solution on my own.

Many thanks to me!

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series