Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P

retraite
Aspirant

R8000P

i received a e mail from netgear about a new firmware avalaible. i have the nighthawk app on my android device. when i go to the settings and check about update the firmware,they say i have the latest firmware. this is v 1.4.1.50    who know what happen here?  thanks for your help

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: R8000P

@retraite wrote:

i received a e mail from netgear about a new firmware avalaible.

Those "marketing" messages go out from time to time. They do not seem to be created to any particular firmware updates. Just  a reminder to go check.

@retraite wrote:

i have the nighthawk app on my android device. when i go to the settings and check about update the firmware,they say i have the latest firmware. this is v 1.4.1.50

Looks like you are two versions in arrears.

The apps do not always show the latest firmware version. The roll out process is usually to put the new files on the support pages for the device before adding it to the update servers that feed the apps.

In general, experienced users don't like using apps to update firmware. Too many things can go wrong with a wifi connection that relies on a "live" download. The preferred update process is the one described here:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It all starts with a visit to the support pages for your hardware.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and find the latest firmware for your device. Check the release notes to see what  new firmware is supposed to deliver. That information is also something that you won't get when you use the app to update.
the

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: R8000P

@retraite wrote:

i received a e mail from netgear about a new firmware avalaible.

Those "marketing" messages go out from time to time. They do not seem to be created to any particular firmware updates. Just  a reminder to go check.

@retraite wrote:

i have the nighthawk app on my android device. when i go to the settings and check about update the firmware,they say i have the latest firmware. this is v 1.4.1.50

Looks like you are two versions in arrears.

The apps do not always show the latest firmware version. The roll out process is usually to put the new files on the support pages for the device before adding it to the update servers that feed the apps.

In general, experienced users don't like using apps to update firmware. Too many things can go wrong with a wifi connection that relies on a "live" download. The preferred update process is the one described here:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It all starts with a visit to the support pages for your hardware.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and find the latest firmware for your device. Check the release notes to see what  new firmware is supposed to deliver. That information is also something that you won't get when you use the app to update.
the

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7