Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8300 remote access

Wins10P
Tutor

R8300 remote access

I am not tech savvy by any means, just connect and go. I have the NIGHTHAWK app on my smartphone and when i access it on my locally on the network, i have the capability of controlling access to the network. When I am away from the house and access it remotely I see the same connections with the same options available; however I am not able to control access. Is this just not possible with the app?

I guess 2nd part to this is if i am to remote into the netgear site my username and password is the same as the username pw/ info in my app. when i log into router log in or via my router's IP and input my credentials it does not work. Am I doing something wrong? I've reset the password 3 times thinking I am doing something wrong

Model: R8300|Nighthawk X8 AC5000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R8300 remote access

You need to set up remote management through the router itself.

As a part of the process, you have to create a mynetgear account that provides remote access – an internet "bridge" into your router when you are not on the local network.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

@Wins10P wrote:

I guess 2nd part to this is if i am to remote into the netgear site my username and password is the same as the username pw/ info in my app. when i log into router log in or via my router's IP and input my credentials it does not work.

Remote login is a  two stage process. First you dive in through mynetgear and Remote Management and then you go into the router.

Enabling your router's remote management | Answer | NETGEAR Support

How do I enable remote access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

How do I create a remote access genie account with the Windows desktop genie app? | Answer | NETGEAR...

What functions can I manage using remote access in the genie mobile app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7