Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX35v2 remote management

Tallman2023
Aspirant

RAX35v2 remote management

Hi everyone,  I have a question.  How can I turn off the remote management at the router so only the wired user can connect the remote management?  Hope anyone can provide some feedback.  Thank you.

[DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 13.107.21.200,port 443 Tuesday, Feb 07, 2023 17:29:03

Message 1 of 3

Re: RAX35v2 remote management

@Tallman2023 wrote:

How can I turn off the remote management at the router so only the wired user can connect the remote management? 

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, given that you have posted in the section given over to the Nighthawk App, which is not involved in Remote Management.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual

Set up remote management

Talk of a "wired user" is puzzling. Are you confusing Remote Management with Anywhere Access? That us easily done given that Netgear has changed its own description of the term.

Remote Management is now Anywhere Access in the Nighthawk and Orbi apps | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Then there is this:

Why is the Remote Management feature being removed from NETGEAR routers? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Is this bit related to what you are trying to do?

[DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 13.107.21.200,port 443 Tuesday, Feb 07, 2023 17:29:03

Message 2 of 3
Tallman2023
Aspirant

Re: RAX35v2 remote management

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. 

First, I went through the manual or Nighthawk app, I cannot find any options to turn off the remote management.

Second, my idea is only the user who connects with RJ45 can access remote management.  Otherwise, no access for remote management.

Third, I turned off the wireless signals.

Any suggestions is really appreciated.

Thanks again,

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7