Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD not showing any attached drives in R7000

felipemotta
Tutor

ReadyCLOUD not showing any attached drives in R7000

Hi, 

I've got a R7000 router with the latest firmware version (R7000-V1.0.9.32_10.2.34.zip) and my drives aren't shown at ReadyCloud through web interface. 

I've already tried everything I could imagine like: 

1 - Reseting the router and configuring everything manually (not restoring config);

2 - Flashing the latest firmware again;

3 - Unregistering the router in ReadyCloud and registering again and so on.

For me having access to my router through web interface is really important, because, besides being simple, I can also access my files and upload new ones from my work without installing any third party software.

Can I do anything to solve this? I've noticed this issue has been constantly reported by many users in other posts. Maybe, it is firmware related and Netgear should solve it with an update.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

@felipemotta wrote:

Hi, 

I've got a R7000 router with the latest firmware version (R7000-V1.0.9.32_10.2.34.zip) and my drives aren't shown at ReadyCloud through web interface. 

Does that mean that you cannot see the drives in ReadySHARE in the management interface for the R7000?

My experience is that before anything shows up in ReadyCloud it has to be visible in ReadySHARE.

Message 2 of 11
felipemotta
Tutor

Actually, everything works fine through SMB (ReadyShare), FTP and HTTPS and management GUI, even though Netgear profile user management doesn't exist and we're only able to use admin user to access files. However, I'm not able to see my drives in ReadyCloud when I'm using any web browser.

Message 3 of 11
felipemotta
Tutor

Posting the screenshots to help.

Shared folders are not shown in web browser, but  you can see the driver attached.Shared folders are not shown in web browser, but you can see the driver attached.Shared folders are not shown in web browser, but  you can see the driver attached.Shared folders are not shown in web browser, but you can see the driver attached.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 11
schumaku
Guru

There is a firmware R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.34 available, the release notes mention just...

• Fixes the issue where the computer couldn’t upload files using ReadyCLOUD

...so certainly worth a try.

Message 5 of 11
felipemotta
Tutor

I've already updated, but the issue remains.

Message 6 of 11
schumaku
Guru

Could be a volatile or temporary cloud issue - however you seem to experience it for a longer time already, so this is unlikely.

Assuming there are no issues with the DNS probably blocking access for some domains, and not being able to see the screenshots yet there are no "crazy" names for the name of the shared folder(s) - just A..Z/a..z/0..9 just to exclude some potential issues?

Message 7 of 11

@felipemotta wrote:

I've already updated, but the issue remains.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will then know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 8 of 11
felipemotta
Tutor

I'm an IT guy and I'm pretty aware that sometimes using special caracters in filenames and folders can be a huge problem. The folders names are really simple, just "Private" and "Public". Not a big deal for a linux based router.

Message 9 of 11
schumaku
Guru

The screen shots had not be made visible at that time - sorry for the now obsolete questions.

Let me guess the remote administration using the Nighthawk App (why ever only ReadyNAS does allow remote Web admin access over ReadyCloud) is possible?

I fear there is not much the community can help - except that some other R7000 owners would chime in reporting success or failure on seeing and working with the R7000 ReadyCloud shared folders and files. Probably time for a factory reset attempt?

Message 10 of 11
felipemotta
Tutor

Hi,

I don't like using these apps for router management and I don't see the relation with my problem, but since you've asked, I tested.

I downloaded Nighthawk App activated remoted management and it worked. As a matter of fact, it was little glitchy, but worked. The app couldn't do a remote management if I activated this feature trough web interface, however it worked when activated through Nighthawk App. Go figure...

Also, everytime I update the firmware to latest version, I do a factory reset in order to test ReadyCloud again, but no luck. Everytime, I'm only able to see the drive, but I can't see any shared folder through web browser, only through ReadyCloud App.

PS: Both folders are password protected, but it wasn' supposed to affect (Private - read and write and Public - write only).

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Felipe

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7