Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud V2.0.0,(2027) on iOs11.0.3 not doing media backup on R7000

NrAtWork
Guide

Bernard did call me last week and we spend about 2 hours resetting the router, unregestring the drive and router from cloud services and registering them all over again; but that didnt work. He uploaded the latest back up settings file and logs file to this case for the engineering teams to look at and see why this firmware is causing the media back up from latest ios to freeze.

Surprisingly on friday last week all of a sudden the media back up on my iPhone 4s (ios 7.1.2), iPhone 5c (ios 10.3.3) and my iPad (ios 11.1.2) started to work and the only thing i did was deleted the ready cloud app on those devices and installed them again.

However when i repeated the same step on iPhione 6sPlus (ios 11.1.2) and 7s Plus - it didnt work. So waiting on engineering team to get back with fix.

PLEASE NOT THAT iPAD IOS and 6sPLUS IOS is the same still on firmware version R7000-V1.0.9.10_1.2.23.chk the media back was only happening for ipad and not 6s Plus.

Reverting back to R7000-V1.0.9.10_1.2.21.chk

from latest R7000-V1.0.9.10_1.2.23.chk

did solved the problem temporarily but i am still going to keep this case open so that engineering team can fix the issue in 23 version also. 

Message 26 of 47
RvSluijs
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm new to this community.

I'm also suffering the same issues, no back-up from my apple devices  (IPhone-SE) to my usb-drive.

returned to older firmware as mentioned above,

ReadyCloud App says everything is backupped, but there are no files on my usb-drive.

What to do ?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 27 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

So after downgrading to older version of firmware - delete the old back up folder and create a new one using the device which needs be backed up and then from settings click on reset media backup and it will start backing up without any problems- this trick worked for all my phones 6plus and models later than that including the iPad Pro.
For older devices the issue got resolved by just downgrading the firmware however I am sure this trick will work for older devices as well as android devices too.
Message 28 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

ElaineM and Bernard (Expert ID: 8333) any luck with engineer team fixing the latest firmware as I am planning to buy netgear Arlo and for that I will need to upgrade my router’s firmware.
I provided the log file and stats from my router 2 weeks back / any other additional info needed to resolve this bug?
Message 29 of 47
RvSluijs
Aspirant

Well, I´ve first reformatted my Freecom 2.5TB usb/drive from NTFS to ExFat, because IOS can not write to NTFS  🙂 !?

I also want to transfer Windows files from desktop to macbook.

I can make a new folder with my IPhone and start a back-up, the app keeps uploading but there are no files to be found on my usb-drive.

Also storing a single file does not work (no error feedback)

Back-up folder is correct selected.

Also sometimes I can see specific maps with my Genie-App but not with my ReadyCloud App, do these 2 apps interfere ?

Already  unregistered/registered my ReadyCloud account several times, no success.

IPhone SE (IOS 11.1.2)

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 30 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

please try log out of ready cloud app and then reset network setting from iOS settings then log back in into ready cloud app and then create the folder and hit reset media backup.
Genie and ReadyCLOUD doesn’t interfere with each other and I have both running at the same time as genie allows my phone to see my printer as air printer and let it use it.
Also use the the netgear’s timeline vault for pc backups.. I have 3 windows pc backup to hard drive through router
Message 31 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

Update

Netgear support reached out again and based on all the logs I provided them last time apparently their engineers have developed a beta firmware fixing this bug. I just accepted their agreement for the same and now waiting to receive the SW. if it fixes our woes - I will update you all.
Thanks for the support guys and thanks to netgear support Team listening to us.
Message 32 of 47
shaunleblanc
Aspirant

Great news. Please keep us posted!

Message 33 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

so here is the update. I sent the same update to the technical team also just 5 minutes back:

this new beta firmware seems to have worked!!! Its been uploading my media from all my devices without any problems, except 2 issues:
(1) even though on READYCloud App I have the upload using cellular signal in background - it still requires me to manually open the app then it will start uploading the media.
(2) The READYCloud app requires me to logout and login - everytime I open the app for any reason, be it accessing any file, doc stored on readyshare HDD or just to restart the media backup.

If we can fix these 2 last bugs/issues that will bring this product at par with others and resolve all the issues.

Sincerely

Message 34 of 47
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello NrAtwork

(1) even though on READYCloud App I have the upload using cellular signal in background - it still requires me to manually open the app then it will start uploading the media.

have you enabled "Backup in background“ in "Media backup:,I cannot reproduce this issue on my Iphone 11.2 and R7000 device

(2) The READYCloud app requires me to logout and login - everytime I open the app for any reason, be it accessing any file, doc stored on readyshare HDD or just to restart the media backup.

The ReadyCloud engineering is investigating this issue.

btw what router beta firmware you are using?

Message 35 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

I am using "V1.0.9.13_20171121.chk " beta firmware provided to my by the case team

Message 36 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

Yes Backup in background“ in "Media backup is on. Even from settings this app has full access to location, camera roll as well as from settings of background app refresh - for this app it is ON.

Message 37 of 47
John245
Tutor

Is this issue router related. Having the same issues using a none Netgear router.

Message 38 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

Yes this was related to router. If you have recently updated your router’s firmware and started to have this issue, then go to the backup file and restore the old firmware (this is the step which router asks you to do ie back up the current firmware and settings in case something goes wrong). Do you have it ?
Let me also confirm if the development team if it is okay for me to lost the beta firmware they gave me to test which resolved this issue for me.
Thanks
Message 39 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

Hey Bernard - here are the screenshots telling that ReadyCLOUD app has full access to run in background yet until I turn on the app it doesn’t start to backup the photos or other media unlike Microsoft’s one drive app which backs up everything even when the app is not on when I have given it the same level of access to camera roll and permissions to run in background.
Message 40 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

Second screenshot
Message 41 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

3rd screenshot
Message 42 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

Hello my friend- it’s not about iOS backup. Yes I use iOS backup to save my settings and backup my phone’s app data, calendar, contacts, favorites etc however the problem we are facing is media backup from multiple devices (4 Apple phones and tablets, 2 android tablets and 3 windows laptops) onto a NAS storage attached to the router which has way more storage than free iCloud.
Ready cloud uses netgear’s cloud as the transfer medium to lush and recall day from attached NAS to not only back up devices but also allowing access to files from different devices all in one place from anywhere
Message 43 of 47
jerome60
Aspirant

Ok all this talk but it use to work just fine now it does not. So is there a fix??????

Message 44 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

Fix is there and I tested it... asking netgear if it is okay for me to share the betaware or they are going to release it.
Message 45 of 47
Niels72
Aspirant

now it is 2018 and still no update for readycloud ios 11. worthless suppert netgear. a child solves the problem more quickly
Message 46 of 47
NrAtWork
Guide

Netgear Team
@bernard
This issue is still not resolved.. with the latest firmware upgrade I am still not able to backup any of my media from my main iPhone... it worked for just one week and now I am back at it..
I tried unregistering the router from cloud - resetting the shared path but nothing has worked at all!!

Please help!
Message 47 of 47
Discussion stats
  • 46 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7